Ord Road crash injures two
Two people have been taken to hospital after a three-vehicle crash in Paget this afternoon.
It happened at the junction of Ord Road and Cobbs Hill Road at about 12.30pm.
A police spokeswoman said that initial information indicated that two men on a motorcycle were heading west along Ord Road when they were involved in a collision with a car headed south from Cobb’s Hill Road.
The crash also pushed the bike in the path of a stationary taxi on the opposite side of the junction.
Both men on the bike were transported to King Edward VII Memorial Hospital.
The driver of the bike is being treated for suspected head injuries. The extent of the passenger’s injuries is not known.
No one from the other two vehicles involved was injured.
Police are asking motorists to avoid the area as they investigate.
Traffic from the east is being diverted onto Harvey Road, with traffic from the west being diverted onto Dunscombe Road.
Take Our Poll
- "What are your views on anonymous online commenting (trolling)?"
- Helpful to our democracy and needs to continue
- Hurtful to our democracy and needs to end
- Limits the number of people willing to give public service
- An important tool for political parties
- Total Votes: 4508
- Poll Archive