Driver was three times over the limit
A bartender was banned from the roads for 18 months yesterday after he was caught drink -driving.
Suleyman Bashir, 30, admitted being nearly three times over the legal alcohol limit when his car was pulled over by police on suspicion of speeding.
Magistrates’ Court heard that officers noticed Bashir was unsteady on his feet, his speech was slurred and that there was a strong smell of alcohol on his breath.
A later test showed that Bashir, of Warwick, had 227 milligrames of alcohol in 100 millilitres of blood. The legal limit is 80/100.
The offence happened on Middle Road, Sandys, on May 16. Magistrate Archibald Warner fined Bashir $1,200 in addition to the driving ban.
New bridge officially opens in Flatts
Former premier in independence call
Zebras win marred by rock throwing
Island observes Remembrance Day
Successive Classic crown for Pumas
Hood cruise to Dudley Eve Trophy
Miserly Eagles repel France
Take Our Poll
- "What are your views on anonymous online commenting (trolling)?"
- Helpful to our democracy and needs to continue
- Hurtful to our democracy and needs to end
- Limits the number of people willing to give public service
- An important tool for political parties
- Total Votes: 4508
- Poll Archive