Public Service Bursary Awards up for grabs
The Bermuda Government is accepting applications for the Public Service Bursary Awards.
The scheme grants up to 15 scholarships per year to Bermudians pursuing postsecondary academic qualificationsd to meet the future needs of government departments.
“This ensures a well-trained cadre of people to fill positions within the Public Service,” a statement said.
The bursaries are valued at $10,000 per annum; not exceeding five years, and are a contribution towards the student’s expenses and not expected to cover all costs.
“Other expenses, whether living expenses or tuition are the responsibility of the student,” added the statement
The bursaries are awarded by the Public Service Commission to selected applicants enrolled in courses of study at a university, college or other training institution, in order to acquire professional or technical qualifications. To be considered, applicants must:
• Be Bermudian citizens;
• Have completed no less than five years of schooling in Bermuda;
• Be 40 years of age or under, at date of application;
• Have been accepted into an institution of higher learning or is currently undertaking courses leading to a professional, specialist or technical qualification required within the Public Service;
• Be in an undergraduate or Master’s Degree programme;
• Be planning a career in the Public Service upon completion of their education.
Only fully completed bursary applications, regarding the areas of study specified and received by the deadline will be considered.
• More information about possible career opportunities and applications can be downloaded from www.gov.bm/online-services/public-service-bursary-award-scheme. The closing date for receipt of applications is 4.45pm, Friday, April 28.
North Shore restaurant in line for TV boost
Crash accused admits he was banned
House: Burt wants pardon for freedom fighter
Old containers used in Shelly Bay revamp
Jury clears crash driver
House: Boost for property owners
Take Our Poll