Public service bursaries up for grabs
Future public servants are encouraged to apply for scholarships from the Public Service Bursary Award Scheme.
Up to 14 scholarships will be given to Bermudians pursuing postsecondary academic qualifications in a subject deemed to meet the needs of a Government department.
Bursaries are valued at $10,000 per year, for up to five years.
To qualify, applicants must:
• be Bermudian citizens;
• have completed no less than five years schooling in Bermuda;
• be aged 40 or younger at date of application;
• have been accepted into an institution of higher learning or currently be undertaking courses leading to a professional, specialist or technical qualification required within the public service;
• be in an undergraduate or master’s degree programme;
• be planning a career in the public service upon completion of their education.
The closing date for applications is April 27.
Applications can be downloaded from www.gov.bm/online-services/public-service-bursary-award-scheme
Forms should be sent to: The Bursary Coordinator, Department of Human Resources, 3rd Floor, Ingham and Wilkinson Building, 129 Front Street, Hamilton, HM 12.
BA pilots to strike on September dates
Employers stealing from employees
Repeat DUI offender banned for five years
Not parents’ job to fund child’s degree
More suspected asbestos found at school
Survey: small rise in jobs number
Radical reform needed in public service
Demolition site decoration highlights Pride
Rallying cry for independence
Repeat drink-driver jailed for a year
Police name tourist in jet ski death
Nolan captures Gold Cup goals and glory
Hotel beehives in an eco-responsible way
New home sought for antique church organ
New strategy to boost air arrivals
Linking art and psychology
Take Our Poll
- "What is the most significant reason for Bermuda residents choosing to leave the island?"
- Too small
- Different way of life
- Cost of living
- Gang activity and general crime
- Jobs/professional advancement
- Attitudes towards gays
- Total Votes: 5235
- Poll Archive