Evans content with sacking settlement
Sacked education commissioner Freddie Evans said he is “content” with a settlement agreement over his dismissal.
Dr Evans told The Royal Gazette yesterday: “There is an adage that said, ‘a good settlement leaves both sides wanting’.
He added: “Despite that, I am content with the settlement agreement and, of course, I am relieved it’s all over and I can get on with my life.”
Dr Evans launched legal action against the Governor, John Rankin, and the Government after he was fired from his post last October.
The Government announced on Monday that the matter had been settled and that by “mutual agreement, the terms of the settlement are confidential”.
A government spokeswoman also revealed on Monday that Dr Evans would be taking up a post in the Department of Youth, Sports and Recreation.
Dr Evans is excited about his new role.
He said “It is great to be working with people who want your expertise and input.
“I will be working directly with the Director of Youth and Sports and the Senior Sports Development Officer to develop sport initiatives, support national sports governing bodies, and developing and offering workshops and clinics to support the development of sports.”
Dr Evans added that he would not find it difficult to return to the Civil Service.
He said: “I have been afforded the opportunity to continue to work with and for the youth Bermuda.”
OBA suspends two members over ‘altercation’
Family appeal for help for Kandice
Smith-Williams guilty of gun killing
Casino gaming regulations are finally public
Steede attack seen by Nottingham couple
New director at BTA
Magnum gym’s 24-hour access proves popular
Take Our Poll