Guided tour of Vesey Nature Reserve planned
Southampton Parish Council has invited the public to join a nature walk through the Vesey Nature Reserve next weekend.
The walk, scheduled to start at 3pm on Sunday, was designed to promote health and fitness.
A spokesman for the council said: “The walk will be guided by Lawrence Doughty from the Bermuda National Trust and volunteers from the council will direct walkers from the parking area to the meeting spot at Vesey Nature Reserve.
“This will be a great opportunity to experience the natural environment and learn a bit about the flora and fauna in the park.”
He added: “The Vesey Nature Reserve is a relatively recent addition to the National Trust’s properties and the fact that it’s in Southampton makes it a logical area to visit. If you haven’t seen it, it’s a beautiful way to spend a Sunday afternoon.”
Parking will be available at the nearby Calvary Gospel Church off Middle Road in Southampton.
Case against Tokunbo dismissed
New walk-in clinic delayed
Second councillor quits in St George
Caines petitions UK over Bermuda passports
Somerset steps up for Troy
Drink-driver injured motorcyclist in crash
Awards for five artists
Take Our Poll
- "Which of these is the worst political gaffe of modern times"
- Craig Cannonier getting on that plane
- Michael Fahy pressing on with Pathways to Status
- Bob Richards's 'Money doesn't grow on trees' speech
- Lt-Col David Burch and ATVs
- Wayne Caines and the London cereal cafe
- Zane DeSilva's mystery shopper cruise
- Total Votes: 5373
- Poll Archive