Augustus wins three in a row
Daniel Augustus clinched his third straight title at the Bermuda PGA Stroke Play Championships at Tucker’s Point after shooting a superb final round of 66 to win by five strokes over Anthony Mocklow on Tuesday.
Mocklow carded a two-under-par 138 in the 36-hole event, which included 15 of the island’s professionals competing for honours.
Augustus said: “I am hopeful this can be a spring board for tournaments later in the season, and would like to thank Judithanne and Scott for organising the tournament and Tucker’s Point for hosting the championship.”
Mocklow shot a final round of 68 to finish second on 143, while Chaka DeSilva was a further two strokes back in third place. Judithanne Astwood took the senior 65-plus title, beating Keith Smith and Clevie Tucker.
“It was great to get so many players out to play in the Championship, said Scott Roy, president of the PGA, who was fifth overall, four stroke behind Dwayne Pearman Sr.
Take Our Poll
- "What are your views on anonymous online commenting (trolling)?"
- Helpful to our democracy and needs to continue
- Hurtful to our democracy and needs to end
- Limits the number of people willing to give public service
- An important tool for political parties
- Total Votes: 4508
- Poll Archive