Flu express’ rolls out this month
The annual “flu express” is offering shots against influenza this month.
The virus typically grows active in colder months, and the Department of Health reminded the public of the importance of having a flu shot this season.
The express will offer vaccines between 10am and 2pm at three locations around the island, for persons aged ten and above.
The vaccines. which can prevent the illness or reduce its severity and spread to others, are $10 apiece but free for seniors of 65 and above.
• Wednesday, November 14: Pennos Wharf, St George’s — enter via Tiger Bay Gardens;
• Saturday, November 17: The Pavilion at the National Sports Centre, Devonshire — enter via Roberts Avenue;
• Wednesday, November 21: The Royal Bermuda Regiment — Warwick Camp on South Road, Warwick.
In a statement, the department advised persons attending to dress comfortably to allow easy access to the injection site in the upper arm.
Attendees should bring the correct amount of cash as cards will not be taken.
For queries, call 278-6460.
Police name fatal crash victim
Dame Jennifer backs Mary Prince Day
William Zuill brand buckles up for success
Charity helps to reintegrate women prisoners
Man ‘critical’ after being hit by car
Hola from a digital nomad in Panama
Solar-power system is biggest in Hamilton
Take Our Poll
- "Your new year's resolutions for 2019"
- Quit smoking
- Quit drinking/drink in moderation
- Do not drink and drive
- Lose weight
- Stop procrastinating
- Drive with greater care
- Total Votes: 2607
- Poll Archive