Nutrition series aims to fuel you up
Health and wellness company Fuelled Bermuda Ltd is to present a 12-week nutrition speaking series beginning next Monday.
The series will be held at Beyond Fitness Bermuda, in Mintflower Place on Par-la-Ville Road every Monday until December 9, with the exception of the Remembrance Day on November 11.
Fuelled Bermuda is owned by former WBA middleweight world boxing champion Teresa Perozzi, and certified integrative nutrition health coach and author Agathe Holowatinc.
Ms Holowatinc said: “In life it’s either ‘one day’ or ‘day one’. This series of nutrition and health talks is affordable and continues over a consistent 12-week period. It’s a great way to invest in yourself immediately and it’s easier than reading a book and more fun because you get to engage with and be surrounded by people with similar interests and goals.
“Come out and get started on your health, weight, food and nutrition goals ASAP. Monday, September 16 is just a week away. Make that ‘day one’.”
Ms Perozzi added: “After summer some of us can use a detox, and this is a great way to jump-start getting back on track this fall. Agathe is passionate about all of the topics and she’ll keep you motivated and into it.
“In this series of nutrition and health talks, she will lead 45-minute sessions that educate everyone on hot nutrition topics, debunk myths, help you fuel your body, guide you towards the best nutrition solutions for optimal health and motivate you to stay on track through it all. Plus, you can ask her questions at the end.”
The series will take a hands-on approach in educating participants about how to achieve better cellular health through optimal, nutrient-dense eating.
The programme is appropriate for all levels, organisers said, whether a person has a general understanding of healthy eating, is very knowledgeable about it, or is ready to kick-start their education for the first time.
In order, the topics presented will be:
• Fuelled fundamentals — the principles and philosophy behind eating well to fuel the body;
• deconstructing a Bermudian restaurant menu;
• travelling and staying healthy on the go;
• crowding out sugar — tips and tricks;
• stress or digest — promoting “rest and digest” for optimal nutrient absorption;
• healthy desserts — how to eat clean and still enjoy sweets;
• the detox lifestyle — eating clean every day;
• your gut and the impact of environmental toxins and toxins inside the home;
• good fats/bad fats — fats that heal and fats that kill;
•powerful plant protein and iron sources; organic or conventional? that is the question;
• and Fuelled guided gratitude practice — minimise your cortisol production, release dopamine, boost immunity, decrease inflammation, curb emotional eating, heal faster, sleep better and speed up muscle recovery.
The sessions run from 6.30pm until 7.15pm. The drop-in cost for each session is $20, or a pass for the entire series can be purchased for $200. A maximum of 40 people will be accepted per session.
To register, go to www.beyondfitbda.com/nutrition/
Search for Chavelle: murder arrest made
Burt: ‘Zero tolerance’ on enforcement
Armed police swoop on car
Hayward: clarity needed about House comments
Antibody tests show few positive results
Five new Covid-19 cases confirmed
Motorcycle pair shoot at group in Hamilton
Take Our Poll