Belco reports first storm-related outage
As winds picked up, Belco lodged an outage for about 740 Southampton customers this evening — with more to come as Hurricane Nicole looms.
According to a spokeswoman, a switch tripped at the power company’s Evan’s Bay substation at 6.24pm. Customers had power restored an hour later.
“The outage was weather related,” she said. “Also, given the ongoing deterioration in the weather, we do anticipate outages, most of which will likely be due to increasing wind blowing branches into the lines.”
Customers can call Belco at 955 to report loss of power.
Tax ‘status quo’ not an option
Richards: PLP’s hand to be forced on status
Lambe: Losing captaincy hurt
City looking to set up free wi-fi zones
Opposition warning over politics in BTA
Scott decries total dependence on fintech
Digicel and BTC recognise long-serving staff
Take Our Poll
- "What are your views on anonymous online commenting (trolling)?"
- Helpful to our democracy and needs to continue
- Hurtful to our democracy and needs to end
- Limits the number of people willing to give public service
- An important tool for political parties
- Total Votes: 4508
- Poll Archive