Salt build-up causing electrical outages
A series of outages have affected Belco customers today, with the company blaming a build-up of salt.
In a statement this afternoon, a Belco spokeswoman said: “Given the weather, crews have been responding to system outages caused by the salt build up on Belco’s distribution system that often happens following a hurricane.
“Crews are responding to the outages as they occur.”
About 90 per cent of Belco customers lost power during Hurricane Nicole, but power was restored to the majority of homes in a matter of days. Belco had announced last night that service had been returned to the final 33 customers, thanking the public for their patience.
Tax ‘status quo’ not an option
Richards: PLP’s hand to be forced on status
Lambe: Losing captaincy hurt
City looking to set up free wi-fi zones
Opposition warning over politics in BTA
Scott decries total dependence on fintech
Digicel and BTC recognise long-serving staff
Take Our Poll
- "What are your views on anonymous online commenting (trolling)?"
- Helpful to our democracy and needs to continue
- Hurtful to our democracy and needs to end
- Limits the number of people willing to give public service
- An important tool for political parties
- Total Votes: 4508
- Poll Archive