Fire at hospital
A fire broke out in the Diagnostic Imaging staff room at King Edward Memorial Hospital yesterday morning but was quickly extinguished.
No injuries were reported in the blaze which was reported shortly before 9am.
A Bermuda Fire and Rescue Service spokesperson explained that an automated fire alarm was activated, signally a fire which was quickly put out by hospital staff.
Fire Service Sergeant Delton White stated that “on our arrival we were met by KEMH staff informing us that there was a fire in the Diagnostic Imaging staff room, but they had extinguished it using a fire extinguisher.
“Fire Service personnel then entered the building to ensure the fire was completely extinguished before carrying out ventilation due to the quantity of smoke. Due to the quick response of the KEMH staff the fire was contained to the staff room which received extensive smoke damage but minor fire damage.
“There were no injuries as a result of the fire and it is currently under investigation by the Bermuda Fire and Rescue Service fire investigation team.”
OBA in disarray after Kempe resignation
Critics call Simmons over casino plan
Mobile make-up service proving popular
MWI clients put on art show
Early start for Black Friday shoppers
Island-inspired jewellery collection
Singer who decided to live after diagnosis
Ditch gaming altogether, says Schuetz
Doctor aces exam after having baby
Retailers gear up for Black Friday rush
Wedding is the next top priority for Duffy
New OBA senator wants to ‘break the mould’
Judges concerned about delays in sentencing
Group criticises domestic partnerships plan
Take Our Poll