Heroes Weekend in full swing
It’s been fun in the sun for crowds of revellers who have been making the most of the Bermuda Heroes Weekend activities.
About 100 boats floated in the usually peaceful waters off North Shore for a raft up party amid a festive atmosphere at Shelly Bay during the afternoon.
Music blasted from a huge barge, the beach was lined with blue umbrellas protecting partiers from the burning sun and, with bright colours all around, Bermuda was showing how it likes to party.
The weekend kicked off with a Five Star Friday at the National Sports Stadium last night, with other events including:
• Pan in the Park, at Victoria Park, on Sunday, from 3pm to 7pm;
• Super Hero J’Ouvert, at Bernard Park, on Monday, from 3am to 8am;
• Parade of Bands, from Number 2 Gate in St David’s to Clearwater Beach, on Monday, from 2pm to 10pm.
Simmons charged with attempted murder
Baron offers to help new minister
Four rescued after rental boat capsizes
Man takes prison term for dangerous driving
Crowds mesmerised by solar eclipse
Not everyone wants to book travel online
Strykz bowls over customers with new kitchen
Huddersfield ‘quality’ puts Wells in balance
Take Our Poll
- What was the biggest shock of Election 17?
- PLP 24 OBA 12
- Famous over Richards
- Lister's 'miracle' against Sousa
- Peets running Dunkley close
- Cox's 41 votes in C14
- Total Votes: 5504
- Poll Archive