Space Heater Rules
Advice on electric heaters
The fire service has issued safety advice on electrical space heaters.
• keep heating equipment at least 3ft away from anything that can burn;
• do not plug power cords into an extension cord;
• turn off heaters when you leave a room or go to bed;
• inspect for cracked or broken plugs or loose connections;
• avoid using or storing flammable or combustible liquids nearby.
The Bermuda Fire and Rescue Service said in a statement: “Fire is fast. In less than 30 seconds a small flame can turn into a major fire.
“It only takes minutes for thick black smoke to fill a house or for it to be engulfed in flames.”
For more information, e-mail FireProtection@gov.bm.
• To see the advice flyer, click on the PDF under “Related Media”
Bailey’s Bay CC hit with 24-hour ban
‘Hate crime’ graffiti closes netball courts
Turning back the clock at the Boardwalk Café
Soares set to open walk-in scanning facility
Turning a passion into a business
Bermuda Under-40s taste the Big Apple
Teenager led police on chase
Bermudian held in Miami on cocaine charges
Employee sues hospitals board
Family business focused on fun
Mural war of words continues
Birthday girl Sélah, 10, gives to charity
Tribal Bermuda’s multicultural lie
Motorist suspended for refusing breath test
Take Our Poll