Space Heater Rules
Advice on electric heaters
The fire service has issued safety advice on electrical space heaters.
• keep heating equipment at least 3ft away from anything that can burn;
• do not plug power cords into an extension cord;
• turn off heaters when you leave a room or go to bed;
• inspect for cracked or broken plugs or loose connections;
• avoid using or storing flammable or combustible liquids nearby.
The Bermuda Fire and Rescue Service said in a statement: “Fire is fast. In less than 30 seconds a small flame can turn into a major fire.
“It only takes minutes for thick black smoke to fill a house or for it to be engulfed in flames.”
For more information, e-mail FireProtection@gov.bm.
• To see the advice flyer, click on the PDF under “Related Media”
New digital asset business seeks 16 staff
‘Hate’ to say, I told you so
Child expert urges House to reject amendment
Going strong: Archie not the retiring type
Fireworks expected in year-end House sitting
House: auditor concern over accounts
Date set for Bermudians on UK terror charges
Analyst: Arbitrade must ‘come clean’ on gold
Bus drivers agree to earlier shift start
Clarence “Tessi” Terceira (1927-2018)
Simmons calls for a ‘meeting of the minds’
Customer service key to Tuck Shop success
Best ‘sickened’ by Sterling abuse
Take Our Poll