Space Heater Rules
Advice on electric heaters
The fire service has issued safety advice on electrical space heaters.
• keep heating equipment at least 3ft away from anything that can burn;
• do not plug power cords into an extension cord;
• turn off heaters when you leave a room or go to bed;
• inspect for cracked or broken plugs or loose connections;
• avoid using or storing flammable or combustible liquids nearby.
The Bermuda Fire and Rescue Service said in a statement: “Fire is fast. In less than 30 seconds a small flame can turn into a major fire.
“It only takes minutes for thick black smoke to fill a house or for it to be engulfed in flames.”
For more information, e-mail FireProtection@gov.bm.
• To see the advice flyer, click on the PDF under “Related Media”
Animal & Garden House to close
Bermuda Carnival ‘the best of its kind’
Give Ehsan the freedom to move
Lionfish-catching robot to move to Florida
Bermudian hosts longtime pen pal
Robber punches child in the head
Unbreakable bond between brother and sister
Men deny fighting during holiday
Take Our Poll