Minister: Bermuda home for fintech
Bermuda can “confidently” stake a claim as the jurisdictional home and future of financial technology, national security minister Wayne Caines told Parliament this morning.
Mr Caines updated legislators on the island’s attendance at the fintech industry’s Consensus 2018 Conference in New York this week.
He added tech innovator ConsenSys has selected Bermuda for a summit to be hosted on the island next month.
Mr Caines added: “A memorandum of understanding signed with the blockchain network Shyft will include a partnership with the local firm Trunomi.”
Dame Jennifer reiterates independence call
Motorists in Causeway punch-up after crash
Bill to give tourism minister grip on BTA
Not all that glitters is gold
Police called to reported disturbance
‘Mr Amazing Man’ defies the odds
Police identify man found dead in home
Prince of Wales donates art to Masterworks
Take Our Poll
- "What are your views on anonymous online commenting (trolling)?"
- Helpful to our democracy and needs to continue
- Hurtful to our democracy and needs to end
- Limits the number of people willing to give public service
- An important tool for political parties
- Total Votes: 4508
- Poll Archive