Dump fire extinguished
A fire at a dump for organic waste this morning has been extinguished.
A fire service spokesman said the blaze was caused by the spontaneous combustion of dry tree waste.
Sergeant Allan Wilkinson said; “Trees that are stored for a while can ignite on their own especially in dry weather and we have had no rain.”
Firefighters were alerted to the blaze, which took 45 minutes to put out, about 8.40am.
Man claims he was forced to carry package
Casino gaming watchdog must find own funds
God knows what we really need
Municipality interference reeks of overkill
Speaker marks 30 years as MP
Put yourself in others’ shoes
Smith takes the reins at St George’s
Wells Cup hopes dashed
Take Our Poll
- "Your new year's resolutions for 2019"
- Quit smoking
- Quit drinking/drink in moderation
- Do not drink and drive
- Lose weight
- Stop procrastinating
- Drive with greater care
- Total Votes: 2607
- Poll Archive