Dump fire extinguished
A fire at a dump for organic waste this morning has been extinguished.
A fire service spokesman said the blaze was caused by the spontaneous combustion of dry tree waste.
Sergeant Allan Wilkinson said; “Trees that are stored for a while can ignite on their own especially in dry weather and we have had no rain.”
Firefighters were alerted to the blaze, which took 45 minutes to put out, about 8.40am.
Waiter raises $9,000 for foster parents
Doctor feeds adrenalin rush on Survivor
Group linked to Scientology holds seminar
Bermuda Plan 2018 tackles sidewalks issue
Coral Coast launches ‘wall of frame’
Death of UBP founding member Terceira
Schools ‘at an all-time low’
Goslings releases ‘father of all rums’
Pembroke man shot dead outside home
Phillip “Phoopa” Anderson (1960-2018)
Pensions rise from January
Work-permit backlog cut down, says Caines
BMA gets go-ahead to increase fees
Take Our Poll