Saltus holds 9/11 memorial
Saltus Grammar School held a memorial service yesterday for the 3,000 people who died in the terrorist attack on New York’s World Trade Centre in 2001.
The Saltus memorial also remembered two former pupils who lost their lives, Bermudian Boyd Gatton and Robert Higley, who was a US citizen who spent part of his childhood on the island, as well as Rhondelle Tankard, a Bermudian and former Warwick Academy pupil.
Bria Maybury, Saltus head girl, head boy Jackson Spurling, the head boy, head of school Deryn Lavell and deputy head Jon Beard laid a wreath at the school’s memorial.
Burt blasts OBA pessimism
Wells heads Bermuda to famous victory
Boat driver ‘not convicted’ of causing death
Wells rises to the occasion
Proud day in London as Duffy gets OBE medal
OBA wants action on ‘flatlining economy’
Borrowing money to pay for borrowing money
Take Our Poll
- "What are your views on anonymous online commenting (trolling)?"
- Helpful to our democracy and needs to continue
- Hurtful to our democracy and needs to end
- Limits the number of people willing to give public service
- An important tool for political parties
- Total Votes: 4508
- Poll Archive