Montserrat officers visit Bermuda
Customs officers from a Caribbean island are in Bermuda to research the land valuation process.
The Montserrat Customs and Revenue Service arranged the visit after the Land Valuation Department made a presentation at the Caribbean Regional Technical Assistance Centre Property Taxation Conference in 2016.
MCRS members have been in Bermuda since October 8 to research:
• Bermuda’s property valuation system and operations for land taxation purposes.
• Billing and collection of land tax.
• The Land Valuation Department’s IT databases.
The visit has included two days of on-site property inspections with the department’s valuation survey technicians.
Bermudian roofs stand strong in Caribbean
Jury told victim was speeding before crash
Worrying, worrying signs
A Dopey way of turning tragedy on its head
Plea for new homeless shelter
Man gets 18 years for heroin importation
Pembroke man accused of attempted murder
Take Our Poll
- "Your new year's resolutions for 2019"
- Quit smoking
- Quit drinking/drink in moderation
- Do not drink and drive
- Lose weight
- Stop procrastinating
- Drive with greater care
- Total Votes: 2607
- Poll Archive