Minor fire at visitor service centre
A fire inside the Bermuda Tourism Authority’s new visitor service centre on Front Street yesterday had to be tackled by firefighters.
The minor blaze, caused by welding work, damaged a bathroom ceiling but no one was injured.
The BTA said the three-storey centre near the ferry terminal was still on course to open later this week.
The alarm was raised just before 1pm and work on the centre resumed later that afternoon.
The centre, built from shipping containers used for the 2017 America’s Cup Artemis team headquarters, will serve visitors from the ground floor.
The other two floors will be used for events and concessions.
Caines petitions UK over Bermuda passports
Bermuda denied in gut-wrenching finish
Duffy wins in Beijing
Smith-DeShields picks his spot for Rams
Bascome in a stew over no-ball call
Clemons strikes twice for Bodens
Alert raised for missing senior
Rawlins picked up by Brave in Hundred draft
Take Our Poll
- "Which of these is the worst political gaffe of modern times"
- Craig Cannonier getting on that plane
- Michael Fahy pressing on with Pathways to Status
- Bob Richards's 'Money doesn't grow on trees' speech
- Lt-Col David Burch and ATVs
- Wayne Caines and the London cereal cafe
- Zane DeSilva's mystery shopper cruise
- Total Votes: 5373
- Poll Archive