Plan to turn preschool into homes
A plan to turn a former preschool into studio apartments and lofts has been submitted to planners.
The Bermuda Housing Corporation said it wanted to convert the old St David’s preschool on Battery Road and a building next door into 14 homes.
The corporation proposed seven single-bedroom lofts, six studio apartments, a two-bedroom villa and, additionally, a maintenance office.
Keino Furbert-Jacobs of the BHC wrote a note in the application.: “This is one of a series of instalments which targets accommodations for active singles, ie professionals, seniors, active and semi-active adults.” The project would also include the construction of a new water tank, cess pits and landscaping of the area. The work would also include the removal of the pavement separating the two buildings.
Caines petitions UK over Bermuda passports
Bermuda denied in gut-wrenching finish
Duffy wins in Beijing
Smith-DeShields picks his spot for Rams
Bascome in a stew over no-ball call
Clemons strikes twice for Bodens
Alert raised for missing senior
Rawlins picked up by Brave in Hundred draft
Take Our Poll
- "Which of these is the worst political gaffe of modern times"
- Craig Cannonier getting on that plane
- Michael Fahy pressing on with Pathways to Status
- Bob Richards's 'Money doesn't grow on trees' speech
- Lt-Col David Burch and ATVs
- Wayne Caines and the London cereal cafe
- Zane DeSilva's mystery shopper cruise
- Total Votes: 5373
- Poll Archive