Changes to bus service for Bermuda Day
Because of road closures to facilitate the Bermuda Day Marathon and Parade festivities, to be held tomorrow, the Department of Public Transportation will be rerouting scheduled bus routes for the day.
The rerouted bus routes are as follows.
• Route 3 departing 9.15am from Hamilton to Grotto Bay and returning at 10am will be cancelled
• Route 3 buses departing Hamilton at 11.30am and 12.30am will do so via Washington Street, Dondonald Street West, Serpentine Road, Woodlands Road, St John’s Road, Berkeley Hill, North Shore Road, Dock Hill, Frog Lane, Montpelier Road on to Middle Road
• Routes 1, 7 and 8 will be directed into the Central Terminal via Front Street, Court Street, and Victoria Street. There may be delays owing to cyclists and marathoners entering the city
• From 1.30pm onwards, the above routes (1, 3, 7, 8) will be directed via Spurling Hill, King Street (two-way), Victoria Street, to Central Terminal
• Route 4 inbound will travel along, North Shore Road, Berkeley Hill, St John’s Road, Woodlands Road, Serpentine Road, Dundonald Street and Washington Street, Victoria Street. Outbound Route 4 buses will do the reverse until St John’s Road where the route will continue on its regular route
• Routes 10 and 11 will travel along North Shore Road, Berkeley Hill, St John’s Road, Woodlands Road, Serpentine Road, Dundonald Street, Washington Street, Victoria Street
• All outbound buses will take the reverse routes with the exception of Route 4
• From 1.30pm onwards, a temporary bus stop will be located adjacent to St Paul’s Church on Victoria Street. Outside of Central Terminal, this will be the only other stop for entering or exiting buses in Hamilton
The Department of Public Transportation thanks the public for their ongoing support and attention to these changes.