Four arrests after gunfire on Court Street
Four men were in custody last night after multiple shots were fired outside of a Court Street nightclub over the weekend.
No one is believed to have been injured in the attack.
A police spokesman said: “Detectives continue to investigate a confirmed firearm incident that occurred around 9.50pm on Saturday on Court Street in the City of Hamilton, near the junction with Elliot Street; where a lone gunman is understood to have opened fire at a group of men outside Spinning Wheel entertainment complex before fleeing the area.
“There were no reported injuries and the scene has been processed by the relevant police personnel.”
The spokesman said four men were arrested on Sunday afternoon in connection with the shooting, and were still in custody last night. At least five evidence markers were visible on the ground at the scene.
The spokesman said there were several people in the area at the time of the incident and urged anyone with information, or anyone whose personal property was damaged, to come forward.
• Witnesses are asked to contact Detective Sergeant Jason Smith on 717-0846 or the confidential Crimestoppers hotline on 800-8477
Man had $170,000 of cannabis in his home
Dowling admits he did not follow rules
Lawyer may face six more assault charges
Tokunbo cleared over breath test
Busy time for tree surgeon after hurricane
An independent take on independence
Teachers hold elections for union roles
Man charged with firearms offences
Take Our Poll
- "Which of these is the worst political gaffe of modern times"
- Craig Cannonier getting on that plane
- Michael Fahy pressing on with Pathways to Status
- Bob Richards's 'Money doesn't grow on trees' speech
- Lt-Col David Burch and ATVs
- Wayne Caines and the London cereal cafe
- Zane DeSilva's mystery shopper cruise
- Total Votes: 5373
- Poll Archive