Airport public art winners announced
Bermuda Skyport and Aecon Airport Constructors have chosen 12 artists to display works in the new passenger terminal building when it opens next year.
The winners are: Christina Hutchings, Daniel DeSilva, Edwin Smith, Jahday Ford, Jonathan Northcott, JP Rouja, Michele Smith, Milton Hill, Otto Trott, Vaughan & Amy Evans, William Gringley and Zoe Dyson Hedstrom.
The works are varying mediums and each artist will be awarded $3,500 per piece. The works are scheduled to be completed by May 14, 2020 and then will be displayed in the new terminal prior to opening.
Mikaela Pearman, Marketing & Communications Officer, Skyport, says: “After careful consideration, 12 artists were selected who we felt presented the best proposals for artwork inside of the new passenger terminal building. We believe the original Bermudian pieces will add to the overall sense of place and are excited for the public to see the works.”
The RFP was open to all Bermudian artists, working individually or in collaboration. The artwork was judged by a selection committee that included:
- Mr. Gary L. Phillips, OBE, Chevalier de la Legion d’Honneur; Chairman, Bermuda National Gallery;
- Dr. Ashley Dunn, Assistant Curator in the Department of Drawings and Prints at the Metropolitan Museum of Art; and
- Ms. Nicole Golden, Owner of Urban Cottage in Hamilton, Bermuda.
• Press release from Skyport and Aecon
Standing room only at healthcare forum
City offers graffitist chance to go ‘legit’
Island embraces subsea cable hub opportunity
DCFS assistant director denies charges
Scars calls for background checks
Online boutique stages holiday season pop-up
BMA forms view on cannabis related risk
Take Our Poll
- What sport do you most prefer to read about in the RG?
- Boxing/Martial Arts
- Rugby Union
- Total Votes: 3826
- Poll Archive