Outdoor diners’ urged to book ahead
Restaurants and bars that get approved for outdoor service can open today under stringent restrictions, the health minister announced last night.
Kim Wilson said those in the community eager to get back out were “highly recommended” to book ahead, with walk-ins to be recorded.
Any traditional hands-on service is out for the time being.
Masks are required for staff at all time, and for guests not at their table, with 6ft physical-distancing maintained, and hand sanitiser required before going in.
Other rules for going out under the continuing Covid-19 state of emergency include:
• Guests to be met at the door, and not permitted in while others are leaving
• Signs at the entrance and inside explaining rules
• Restrooms limited to one guest at a time
• Temporary shelter inside allowed during rain, with masks worn and limited movement
• Table numbering with a detailed record of information to allow full contact tracing
• A 6ft separation, with barriers separating tables where distancing is not practicable
• No more than ten people to a table, with minimal contact and handshaking forbidden
• Hand sanitiser at each table and waiter station
• Only single use, washable or digital menus given, and tables sanitised after use
• Kitchens to be deep-cleaned at least once a day
• No direct service at bars, and no self-service salad or buffet bars
Businesses allowed open are under orders to monitor the health of their staff, and can check the temperatures of guests, who will be turned away if they show signs of even a slight fever. Managers will also have the right to remove guests who show other signs such as coughing or sweating.
• The full list is available online at www.gov.bm/coronavirus
Government confirms Cabinet shuffle
Covid-19: One week until Phase 3 starts
Pandemic could close 60 charities
Bermudian model on a joyride with Kravitz
Legalise it? Public invited to have a say
Take Our Poll
- "Views on schools reopening for 2019-20 year during coronavirus pandemic"
- All schools to reopen once cleared
- Older students only
- Older students but for exams only
- Remote learning only
- Total Votes: 4058
- Poll Archive