Pitbull debate in House
Pitbull terriers, at present are on Bermuda’s list of prohibited breeds, could be set for a reprieve.
The Dogs Amendment Act, designed to move the popular but banned pets to the list of restricted dog breeds, will be debated by MPs in Parliament today.
Pitbull lovers have argued against a ban, while others have claimed pitbull-type dogs are dangerous.
Some animals seized by dog wardens have later been put down.
Also up for debate is the Development and Planning Amendment Bill 2018.
The Bill was designed to give more power to the Department of Planning to impose penalties for breaches of planning regulations.
Take Our Poll
- "What are your views on anonymous online commenting (trolling)?"
- Helpful to our democracy and needs to continue
- Hurtful to our democracy and needs to end
- Limits the number of people willing to give public service
- An important tool for political parties
- Total Votes: 4508
- Poll Archive