Pharma giant forms Bermudian captive
A global pharmaceutical company has formed a captive insurance company in Bermuda.
The Bermuda Monetary Authority stated that Daiichi Sankyo, the second-largest pharma company in Japan, which owns the American biotechnology company Plexxikon, has registered Daiichi Sankyo Reinsurance Ltd as a Class 1 insurer.
Bermuda is home to more than 700 captive insurers.
Call to save historic Albert Row
Seat sales are ineffective, say airlines
Swapping insurance for Chinese medicine
Nurse with cancer grateful for donations
Digital currency payments on horizon
Big turnout for breast cancer awareness walk
Take Our Poll
- "Which of these is the worst political gaffe of modern times"
- Craig Cannonier getting on that plane
- Michael Fahy pressing on with Pathways to Status
- Bob Richards's 'Money doesn't grow on trees' speech
- Lt-Col David Burch and ATVs
- Wayne Caines and the London cereal cafe
- Zane DeSilva's mystery shopper cruise
- Total Votes: 5373
- Poll Archive