Movie, dinner night at Heard Chapel
• Jehovah’s Witnesses: Increase Your Faith in Jehovah! Join us for an assembly at the Ruth Seaton James Auditorium. The assembly theme is based on Hebrews 11:6 and will feature content to help all in attendance cultivate and continue to increase faith in our creator, Jehovah God. One of the highlights of the day will be a talk especially prepared for the public: True faith: What is it and how is it shown? The assembly will begin at 9.30am. Admission is free.
• The East End Ministerial Alliance of Churches: Calling actors and those interested in acting for our annual Good Friday Walk to Calvary drama presentation on April 14. Various roles are available. If you are interested, please attend a casting call at 9.30am at Richard Allen AME Church. For more information: 293-4311 or firstname.lastname@example.org We look forward to seeing you there!
• Heard Chapel: The Usher Board of Heard Chapel will host a dinner/movie night from 6pm to 10pm. Join us at 42 Glebe Road, Pembroke. Dress, smart casual; a donation of $30 will be taken. For more information: 292-3949 or email@example.com.
• Warwick Ministerial Alliance: Please join us Tuesdays at 7.30pm for our joint lent services. Rev Leon Jennings will speak on the theme Cleansing of Temple at Bright Temple, Warwick today. Rev Charles A. Smith will speak on the theme Prayer in Gethsemane at Rehoboth Church, Warwick on March 28. Rev Jarius Landy will speak on the theme Consequences of the Cross, at Christ Church, Warwick on April 4. For further information contact your local pastor/minister/priest.
• Mt Zion AME: Men under construction. Join us for a special men’s locker room at 7pm with Pastor Tony Lee of Community of Hope AME Church in Maryland.
• St James’ Church: A market mall will be held at St James’ Church Hall, at 88 Somerset Road, Sandys, from 10am to 4pm. Tables cost $20. For more info call 234-2379 after 4pm.
• Mt Zion AME: Men under construction. Join us for our men’s day worship experience at 10am and 3.30pm with Pastor Tony Lee of Community of Hope AME Church in Maryland.
• First Church of God Music & Performing Arts Ministry: Join us for Victory: A Tribute to the King. 6pm at First Church of God, North Shore Road, Pembroke. A freewill offering will be taken.
REGULAR EVENTS SATURDAYS
• Grace Methodist Church: 167 North Shore: Prayer and Bible study at 10am with Rev D’Wain Wales.
• Widows fellowship group: Every third Saturday from 4.30pm to 6pm at Vernon Temple administration office. Telephone 297-2101 or 704-3077.
• Bilingual worship (Spanish/English): 6.30pm at Warwick Seventh-day Adventist Church Fellowship Hall, 92 South Shore Road. Call 236-0077 or 537-4857.
• Church of Christ Paget: Join us in Hallett Hall, Bermuda College each week for Sunday School at 10am, morning worship service at 11am and evening worship service at 4.45pm. All are welcome.
• St Philip AME Church will have its church school every Sunday at 9.30am. Telephone 293-0882 for more information.
• Emmanuel Baptist Church, 35 Dundonald Street, Hamilton, invites people to 11am services.
• Richard Allen AME Church at 23 Queen Street, St George, invites you to join them for their morning worship and praise service at 11am and their church school at 9.30am. Call 297-0239 for more information.
• The Salvation Army at 6 Governors Alley, St George, welcomes all for services at 11am and 6pm. During the week they have activities for all ages.
• Wesley Methodist Church at 41 Church Street, Hamilton, invites all children to Sunday school at 10.30am. All children are welcome. Call 292-0418.
• Southampton Seventh-day Adventist Church community giveaway every third Sunday of the month including clothing, food and shoes from 1-4pm at the church Fellowship Hall on Middle Road, Southampton. Call 238-1080 or firstname.lastname@example.org. Church school from 10.30am to 11.30am, morning worship at 10am.
• Ebenezer Methodist Church at 7 York Street, St George invites children of all ages to Sunday School at 11am.
• Somerset Seventh-day Adventist Church at 6 Beacon Hill, Somerset holds a free giveaway of clothing and more on the fourth Sunday of each month from noon to 4pm.
• Midland Heights Seventh-day Adventist Church at 145 North Shore Road, Hamilton Parish offers free clothing for all ages on the first Sunday of each month from 10am to 12pm and the second Sunday of each month from 12pm to 2pm. The boutique is located in the parsonage behind the church.
• Chapel-of-Ease Anglican Church St David’s welcomes children to Sunday School at the hall from 9am to 10am.
• Marsden First United Methodist Church at 151 South Shore Road, Smith’s invites all to attend its 10.30am worship service with Pastor Joseph Whalen. Darryl Simons is the minister of music with Tony Cox, Derrick Simmons and Dennis Francis of the Praise Band. For more information: 293-7045, email@example.com or www. facebook.com/MarsdenFirstUnitedMethodistChurch
• St Andrew’s Presbyterian Church (the pink church on the corner of Church and Court Streets) will have its prayer group in the sanctuary, 12.45pm to 1.15pm. The group meets on the first and third Monday of each month to pray for individuals here and around the world.
• First Church of God on Sound View Road, Somerset, is running a TLC Institute Community School, Monday to Friday from 8.30am to 2.30pm. Please call 234-0492 or firstname.lastname@example.org
• St Philip AME Church at 102 Harrington Sound Road, Smith’s will hold its Tuesday night prayer and Bible study from 7pm to 8.30pm. Telephone 293-0882.
• The First Church of God at 75 Sound View Road, Somerset, is hosting Daily Bread’s free dinner from 4-6pm.
• New Life Church of the Nazarene: Prayer and Bible study at its location on Collector’s Hill, Smith’s, at 7pm.
• The Bermuda Bible Institute: A Bible study at TN Tatem Middle School, 7pm to 8pm. E-mail email@example.com or call 537-6480 for information.
• Peace Lutheran Church, 154 South Road, Paget: Homework time for middle school students. Free support 4pm to 5pm. If you need more information, please call Pastor Karsten Decker on 236-5619.
• St Philip AME Church: Prayer and Bible study, 102 Harrington Sound Road, at 7.30pm
• Midland Heights Seventh-day Adventist Church, 145 North Shore Road, Hamilton Parish: Free clothing for all ages at our boutique which is open on the third Tuesday of each month. From 11.30am to 1.30pm. Boutique is located in the parsonage behind the church.
• The First Church of God at 75 Sound View Road, Somerset holds a TLC Bible study for all ages at 7.30pm
• Church of Christ Paget: Join us at 7pm at Bermuda College in Brock Hall, (the room across from Coco Reef), for our midweek Bible class. All are welcome.
• Widows fellowship group will be meeting every second Wednesday from 4.30pm to 6pm at Bethel AME Church. Contact Hope Lowe on phone number 297-2101 and 704-3077 for more information.
• Richard Allen AME Church at 23 Queen Street, St George’s, has a Bible class every Wednesday at 7.30pm. For more information, telephone 297-0239.
• St John’s Church on St John’s Road: Prayer meeting at 1pm.
• Catalyst Men’s Fellowship: Bible reflection and prayer from 1pm to 2pm second Wednesday each month at Cathedral Hall, Church Street.
• Mt Zion AME Church’s weekly Bible study at 7.30pm. See www.mtzion.bm for details.
• St Andrew’s Presbyterian Church (the pink church on the corner of Church and Court Streets) Bible study, second and fourth Wednesdays of the month in the parlour at 5.30pm, led by Pastor Rev Judith Gardner. All are welcome.
• Hamilton Seventh-day Adventist Church welcomes all to a weekly prayer meeting. Service starts at 6.30pm. For more information about events, call the church office on 292-7885.
• Bright Temple AME Church: Community Bible study at noon with Gloria Francis. Join us at 28 Spring Hill Road, Warwick.
• Bahá’í Faith: Weekly discourse on the betterment of Bermuda spiritually, socially, educationally and intellectually. From 7-8.30pm at Bahá’í National Centre.
• Bermuda Islamic Cultural Centre: Islam In Focus. Tune to ZBM radio 1340 AM, 6.15pm to 7pm for Islamic news, world affairs, Holy Koran teachings.
• Nehemiah Bible Conference Institute Revival Assembly: Every week at 23 Ewing Street, from 7.30pm to 9pm, 238-5983.
• Marsden First United Methodist Church at 151 South Shore Road, Smith’s, invites all to attend its Youth Night (Youth Choir, Praise Dance, Church School) from 6pm-9pm. For more information: 293-7045, firstname.lastname@example.org or www. facebook.com/MarsdenFirst UnitedMethodistChurch.
• African Hebrew Israelites: New World classes on the African Edenic Presence in the Bible and the Holy Land; spiritual upliftment classes, at Dellwood Middle School from 6.30pm to 8.30pm. For more details phone 294-4134.
• From 10am to 2pm, Heard Chapel AME Church, 42 Glebe Road, Pembroke. Rosalie Johnson Missionary society distribution of breakfast food items for families in need. Call 292-3949 for more details.
E-mail notices you would like featured, before Thursday at noon to email@example.com with subject line “Around The Churches”
Take Our Poll
- "Who is the greatest basketball player of all time?"
- Kareem Abdul-Jabbar
- Larry Bird
- Wilt Chamberlain
- LeBron James
- Earvin 'Magic' Johnson
- Michael Jordan
- Bill Russell
- Total Votes: 6080
- Poll Archive