Celebration for Grandparents Day
• Women Aglow Int: Join us for our fellowship worship service with Apostle Beverly Jones of BJ Ministries International. Our theme is Courageousness, based on Joshua 1:6-9: Be strong and of good courage for the Lord your God is with you. Light refreshments will be served. Come and praise The Lord. All are welcome at Astwood Hall, Church Street, Hamilton. For more information contact Brenda Webb on 293-0955.
• St Philip AME Church: Join us as we celebrate Grandparents Day at 11am: A grandchild fills a space in your heart that you never knew was empty. Guest speaker, Gloria Francis of Bright Temple AME Church. 100 Harrington Sound Road, Smith’s.
SEPTEMBER 14, 15 & 17
• Miracle Temple Life Builders Ministry: Three-night tent crusade with the theme Digging Old Wells… Men of God Digging Deeper. Shelly Bay Field at 7pm with guest speaker Dr Wellesley A Blair, Administrative Bishop of Jamaica.
SEPTEMBER 16 & 17
• Bright Temple AME Church: Please join our Women’s Day activities. Dr Sharon Apopa will speak on the theme Moving from Anxiety to Peace, at our 10am continental breakfast/workshop on Saturday. She returns to speak on the theme Women Equipped to Serve, at our 10am Sunday service. Limited tickets are available to the continental breakfast. Admission is $5. 28 Spring Hill, Warwick.
• St Philip AME Church: Christian education and teacher appreciation. Presiding Elder Rev Betty L Furbert-Woolridge will speak on the theme, Back to Basics. The day’s text comes from Matthew 6:33, John 3:16. School supplies will be presented to Harrington Sound Primary School. 100 Harrington Sound Road, Smith’s.
• Marsden First United Methodist Church: Cordially invite all to our Friend & Family Day Celebrations at 10.30am. Elder Thomas Smith will speak on the theme, Come Let Us Walk Together With God. 151 South Shore Road, Smith’s.
• St Philip AME Church: Join us for our 132nd anniversary celebrations. Rev Larry Dixon, Presiding Elder New Jersey Conference, Atlantic City District, will speak on the theme, A New Day, A New Church. The day’s text comes from Isaiah 43:19 at 11am. 100 Harrington Sound Road, Hamilton Parish.
• Widows fellowship group: Every third Saturday from 4.30pm to 6pm at Vernon Temple administration office. Telephone 297-2101 or 704-3077.
• Bilingual worship (Spanish/English): 6.30pm at Warwick Seventh-day Adventist Church Fellowship Hall, 92 South Shore Road. Call 236-0077 or 537-4857.
• New Testament Church of God Healing Centre: All are welcome to attend our Free Mart every second Saturday in each month from 8am to 3pm. Men’s, women’s and children’s clothes will be on offer alongside shoes, books, toys, dishes and household items and linens. Soup, sandwiches, cakes, cookies and drink will also be available. Everything is free. 84 Somerset Road, Sandys.
• Church of Christ Paget: Join us in Hallett Hall, Bermuda College each week for Sunday School at 10am, morning worship service at 11am and evening worship service at 4.45pm. All are welcome.
• St Philip AME Church will have its church school every Sunday at 9.30am. Telephone 293-0882 for more information.
• Emmanuel Baptist Church, 35 Dundonald Street, Hamilton, invites people to its 11am services.
• Richard Allen AME Church at 23 Queen Street, St George’s, invite you to join them for their morning worship and praise service at 11am and their church school at 9.30am. Call 297-0239 for more information.
• The Salvation Army at 6 Governors Alley, St George’s, welcomes all for services at 11am and 6pm. During the week they have activities for all ages.
• Wesley Methodist Church at 41 Church Street, Hamilton, invites all children to Sunday school at 10.30am. All children are welcome. Call 292-0418.
• Southampton Seventh-day Adventist Church community giveaway every third Sunday of the month including clothing, food and shoes from 1-4pm at the church Fellowship Hall on Middle Road, Southampton. Call 238-1080 or email@example.com. Church school from 10.30am to 11.30am, morning worship at 10am.
• Ebenezer Methodist Church at 7 York Street, St George’s, invites children of all ages to Sunday School at 11am.
• Somerset Seventh-day Adventist Church at 6 Beacon Hill, Somerset holds a free giveaway of clothing and more on the fourth Sunday of each month from noon to 4pm.
• Midland Heights Seventh-day Adventist Church at 145 North Shore Road, Hamilton Parish offers free clothing for all ages on the first Sunday of each month from 10am to 12pm and the second Sunday of each month from 12pm to 2pm. The boutique is located in the parsonage behind the church.
• Marsden First United Methodist Church at 151 South Shore Road, Smith’s invites all to attend its 10.30am worship service with Pastor Joseph Whalen. Darryl Simons is the minister of music with Tony Cox, Derrick Simmons and Dennis Francis of the Praise Band. For more information: 293-7045, firstname.lastname@example.org or www. facebook.com/MarsdenFirstUnitedMethodistChurch.
• Heard Chapel AME Church: We extend a warm Christian welcome to our church school at 9.45am. All are also welcome to join us at 11am for Friends & Family Sunday with Rev Rodney Grimes. Join us for our midweek prayer meeting and Bible study each Wednesday at 7pm at 42 Glebe Road, Pembroke.
• House of Prayer International Ministries: Please join us for our weekly praise and worship service at 11.15am at 25 Marsh Folly Road, Pembroke.
• Bahá’ís of Bermuda: All are welcome to join our devotional gatherings at the Bahá’í National Centre in Hamilton (entrance on Brunswick St) at 11am on the first Sunday of every month. The Bahá’í devotional programme fosters the enlightenment and illumination of the souls of men as well as the advancement and betterment of our world. For more information telephone 292-2723, 293-3517 or visit www.bahai.org.
• Church of God of Prophecy: Join our Sunday school at 9.45am and our 11am worship service. District overseer is Bishop Earl W McKay. 3 Curving Avenue, Pembroke. For more information: 335-0984.
• St Andrew’s Presbyterian Church (the pink church on the corner of Church and Court Streets) will have its prayer group in the sanctuary, 12.45pm to 1.15pm. The group meets on the first and third Monday of each month to pray.
• First Church of God on Sound View Road, Somerset, is running a TLC Institute Community School, Monday to Friday from 8.30am to 2.30pm. Call 234-0492 or email@example.com.
• Church of God of Prophecy: Join Prayer First Mondays at 7pm. District overseer is Bishop Earl W McKay. 3 Curving Avenue, Pembroke. For more information: 335-0984.
• St Philip AME Church at 102 Harrington Sound Road, Smith’s will hold its Tuesday night prayer and Bible study from 7pm to 8.30pm. Telephone 293-0882.
• The First Church of God at 75 Sound View Road, Somerset, is hosting Daily Bread’s free dinner from 4-6pm.
• The Bermuda Bible Institute: A Bible study at TN Tatem Middle School, 7pm to 8pm. E-mail firstname.lastname@example.org or call 537-6480 for information.
• St Philip AME Church: Prayer and Bible study, 102 Harrington Sound Road, at 7.30pm.
• Midland Heights Seventh-day Adventist Church, 145 North Shore Road, Hamilton Parish: Free clothing for all ages at our boutique which is open on the third Tuesday of each month. From 11.30am to 1.30pm. Boutique is located in the parsonage behind the church.
• House of Prayer International Ministries: Please join us for our weekly Bible class at 7.30pm at 25 Marsh Folly Road, Pembroke.
• The First Church of God at 75 Sound View Road, Somerset holds a TLC Bible study for worshippers of all ages at 7.30pm.
• Church of Christ Paget : Join us at 7pm at Bermuda College in Brock Hall, (the room across from Coco Reef), for our midweek Bible class. All welcome.
• Widows fellowship group will be meeting every second Wednesday from 4.30pm to 6pm at Bethel AME Church. Contact Hope Lowe on phone number 297-2101 and 704-3077 for more information.
• Richard Allen AME Church at 23 Queen Street, St George’s, has a Bible class every Wednesday at 7.30pm. For more details telephone 297-0239.
• St John’s Church on St John’s Road: Prayer meeting at 1pm.
• Catalyst Men’s Fellowship: Bible reflection and prayer from 1pm to 2pm second Wednesday each month at Cathedral Hall, Church Street.
• Mt Zion AME Church’s weekly Bible study at 7.30pm. See www.mtzion.bm for details.
• St Andrew’s Presbyterian Church: (Pink Church on the corner of Church and Court Streets across from drive-in bank.) Bible Study, Wednesdays, (except first Wednesday of each month) held in the parlour in Astwood Hall at 5.30pm. Led by our pastor, Rev Judith Gardner. All are welcome.
• Hamilton Seventh-day Adventist Church welcomes all to a weekly prayer meeting. Service starts at 6.30pm. For details call 292-7885.
• Bright Temple AME Church: Community Bible study at noon with Gloria Francis. Join us at 28 Spring Hill Road, Warwick.
• Church of God of Prophecy: Join us for Bible study at 7.30pm. District overseer is Bishop Earl W McKay. 3 Curving Avenue, Pembroke. For more information: 335-0984.
• Bahá’í Faith: Weekly discourse on the betterment of Bermuda spiritually, socially, educationally and intellectually. From 7-8.30pm at Bahá’í National Centre.
• Bermuda Islamic Cultural Centre: Islam In Focus. Tune to ZBM radio 1340 AM, 6.15pm-7pm for Islamic news, world affairs, Holy Koran teachings.
• Nehemiah Bible Conference Institute Revival Assembly: Every week at 23 Ewing Street, from 7.30pm to 9pm, call 238-5983.
• Grace Methodist Church: Join us for Bible study every week from 2pm-3pm with lay minister Gwyneth Lightbourne at 167 North Shore Road.
• Marsden First United Methodist Church at 151 South Shore Road, Smith’s, invites all to attend its Youth Night (Youth Choir, Praise Dance, Church School) from 6pm-9pm. For more information about the event telephone 293-7045, e-mail email@example.com or visit www.facebook.com
• African Hebrew Israelites: New World classes on the African Edenic Presence in the Bible and the Holy Land; spiritual uplifting classes, at Dellwood Middle School from 6.30pm to 8.30pm. For details phone 294-4134.
• E-mail notices you would like featured before Thursday at noon to firstname.lastname@example.org with the subject “Around The Churches”
Take Our Poll