St Paul AME Church hosts Praise Concert
• St Paul AME Church: Women’s Day Team presents The Experience Praise Concert. Featuring Carla Cann, Q’Shai Darrell, Glam Divas, Dwayne Foster, Raymond George, Dionne Greene, Hands of Faith, Shema, Sweet Surrender and the St Paul AME Praise Team. Under the distinguished patronage of David Burt, the Premier, and Kristin Burt. Show starts at 7pm. Tickets, $20, are available from the church office or committee members. For more information: 292-0505 or email@example.com.
• Marsden First United Church: Pre Men’s Day takeaway codfish breakfast, 7am to 12pm. Cost is $15 per plate. 151 South Shore Road, Smith’s.
• Centenary United Methodist Church: Centenary United Methodist Women will hold their annual Christmas tea and sale from 2pm to 5pm at Stephenson Memorial Hall, Collector’s Hill, and South Shore Road, Smith’s. Delicious home-baked goods, plants, Christmas items and afternoon tea. Bring your friends and enjoy an afternoon of fellowship at this popular event.
• Women Aglow Int: Invites you to our fellowship worship service at 9.45am at Astwood Hall, Church Street. The theme will be “courageousness”, based on Joshua 1: 6-9: Be strong and of good courage … for the Lord your God is with you. Light refreshments will be served. Come and praise The Lord. All are welcome. For more information contact Brenda Webb on 293-0955.
• Church of God of Prophecy: Enjoy a day of praise and fellowship with guest speaker Bishop Leroy Greenaway, regional overseer, northeast region USA and Bermuda. At 11am, Friends & Family Service; at 4.30pm Throwback Sunday Service. Light refreshments will be served after. Don’t miss an exciting speaker and a powerful move of God. 3 Curving Avenue, Pembroke.
• First Church of God, Angle Street: Join us as we celebrate Youth Sunday with the theme: “Overcomers for Christ” based on 1 John 5:4: This is the victory that has overcome the world. Safiya Dyer will speak at our 11am service, Seth Taylor will speak at 4.30pm. 31 Angle Street, Hamilton.
• Grace Methodist Church: Join us for our 100 Women in White celebration at 3.30pm. Guest speaker Dame Jennifer Smith, the former premier, will discuss “Women Serving A God of Possibilities”. Selections by Keith Lee and Rickkeesha Binns. 167 North Shore Road, Pembroke.
• Bright Temple AME Church: Join us for our Fall Season Stewards’ Board Revival services at 7pm beginning with Rev Howard Dill of Allen Temple AME Church. Tomorrow, Rev David Trott of Peace Lutheran Church will speak; Rev Lorne Bean of Richard Allen AME Church will lead Friday’s service. On Sunday join Rev Dr Emily Gail Dill, associate minister of Allen Temple AME Church, for our 10am service. 28 Spring Hill, Warwick.
• Marsden First United Church: Join us for our pre Men’s Day event, ‘Few Good Men in Concert’, featuring Nevil Caines on saxophone, Heard Chapel Men’s Choir, Elton Richardson, Michael Spencer, John Duncan, Cordell Warner, Men of Marsden and a special guest group, MPG. Doors open 7pm, concert starts 7.30pm. Under the distinguished patronage of David Burt, the Premier. General admission, $20; patrons, $40. 151 South Shore Road, Smith’s.
• St Mary’s Anglican Church: All are welcome to attend our annual Christmas fair from 10am to 4pm in the church hall. Middle Road, Warwick, across from the rubber tree.
• Restoration House Ministries: Join us for the seventh in our “He Loves Me” conference series. At Crawl Gospel Chapel church hall, 9am-4.30pm. Tickets $130 until October 21 and then $150 until November 4. Tables of 8, $1,000; tables of 4, $520. Tickets available from www.ptix.bm. There will be no tickets available at the door. For details contact 236-2725 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
• Richard Allen AME Church: Invites you to their annual Missionary Day service at 11am and our pre Thanksgiving lunch. Takeouts available from 1pm until 3pm. Tickets, $15 adults; $10, children under 10. Come join with us. The Lord’s name be praised! 23 Queen Street, St George’s.
• Marsden First United Church: Join us for our Men’s Day Services at 10.30am with guest preacher Rev Terry Hassell of Heard Chapel AME Church. All are also invited to join us at 4.30pm when the guest preacher will be Rev Leon Jennings of Vernon Temple AME Church. Our mission is to reach out to all our men, young and old all over our island, to come out and be blessed. Women and children are also invited to come and see and hear a few good man praising God. 151 South Shore Road, Smith’s.
• Cobbs Hill Methodist Church: All are welcome to help us celebrate our 190th anniversary with the theme, Growing Stronger, Digging Deeper, Reaching Higher. Elder Clarence Dill, of Cobbs Hill Methodist Church, will speak at 9.30am; Rev Dr Leonard Santucci, of Vernon Temple AME Church will speak at 4pm. Join us in celebration of what God has done for us. 6 Moonlight Lane, Warwick.
• Bethel AME Church: Annual Women’s Day services with the theme, House Under Construction — Women Building the House. Join us at 11am when our guest speaker will be Kalmar Richards of Mt Zion AME Church. Lunch will be held after the morning service. Tickets are $25. Worship continues at 4pm with guest speaker Rev Yvonne Ramsey of Breath of Life Ministries. Both services will discuss the theme, House Under Construction — Women Building the House. 60 North Shore Road, Hamilton Parish.
• Chapel-of-Ease Anglican Church: Annual Thanksgiving supper at the hall. 4pm to 7pm. Adults, $20; children$10. Takeouts also available. For more information: 297-1217. 20 Chapel of Ease Road, St. David’s.
• St James’ Church with St Michael’s Chapel Somerset: Annual Delicious Thanksgiving Dinner from 4pm-7.30pm. Eat in or take out. Tickets are $25 per person. 90 Somerset Road, Sandys.
• Koinonia Training Centre: All are welcome to join our three-day pastoral epistles course with Rev Dr Conway Simmons. Classes take place today and tomorrow, from 5.45pm-7.45pm, and Saturday, from 8.45am-4pm, at the Berkeley Institute teacher’s lounge on Berkeley Road, Pembroke. Admission is $150 for degree students and $100 for audit and workshop students. Fees are payable online to Butterfield Bank 060163317001. For more information contact Joan Simmons on 236-3680 or email@example.com
• Hamilton Seventh-day Adventist Church: Come worship with us at 43 King Street. Sabbath school starts at 9.15am and, immediately following at 11am, divine worship. For additional information regarding other services and events, call the church office on 292-7885.
• Widows fellowship group: Every third Saturday from 4.30pm to 6pm at Vernon Temple administration office. Telephone 297-2101 or 704-3077.
• Bilingual worship (Spanish/English): 6.30pm at Warwick Seventh-day Adventist Church Fellowship Hall, 92 South Shore Road. Call 236-0077 or 537-4857.
• New Testament Church of God Healing Centre: All are welcome to attend our Free Mart every second Saturday in each month from 8am to 3pm. Everything is free. 84 Somerset Road, Sandys.
• Centenary United Methodist Church: Invites you to join us for our worship service every Sunday at 11am at the corner of Collector’s Hill and South Shore Road, Smith’s. Pastor, Rev Dick Stetler; organist, Sheila Smith.
• Greater Love Christian Fellowship: Invites you to join us at Heritage Worship Centre each Sunday from 8am-9.15am. We exist to provide love and care for one another through sharing each other’s needs, burdens and joys. 59 Dundonald Street, Hamilton.
• Church of Christ Paget: Join us in Hallett Hall, Bermuda College each week for Sunday School at 10am, morning worship service at 11am and evening worship service at 4.45pm. All are welcome.
• St Philip AME Church will have its church school every Sunday at 9.30am 293-0882.
• Emmanuel Baptist Church, 35 Dundonald Street, Hamilton, invites people to its 11am services.
• Richard Allen AME Church at 23 Queen Street, St George’s invite you to join them for their morning worship and praise service at 11am and their church school at 9.30am. Call 297-0239.
• The Salvation Army at 6 Governors Alley, St George’s welcomes all for services at 11am and 6pm.
• Wesley Methodist Church at 41 Church Street, Hamilton, invites all children to Sunday school at 10.30am. All children are welcome. Call 292-0418.
• Southampton Seventh-day Adventist Church community giveaway every third Sunday of the month including clothing, food and shoes from 1-4pm at the church Fellowship Hall on Middle Road, Southampton. Call 238-1080 or firstname.lastname@example.org. Church school from 10.30am to 11.30am, morning worship at 10am.
• Ebenezer Methodist Church at 7 York Street, St George’s invites children of all ages to Sunday School at 11am.
• Somerset Seventh-day Adventist Church at 6 Beacon Hill, Somerset holds a free giveaway of clothing on the fourth Sunday of each month from noon to 4pm.
• Midland Heights Seventh-day Adventist Church at 145 North Shore Road, Hamilton Parish offers free clothing for all ages on the first Sunday of each month from 10am to 12pm and the second Sunday of each month from 12pm to 2pm.
• Marsden First United Methodist Church at 151 South Shore Road, Smith’s invites all to attend its 10.30am worship service with Pastor Joseph Whalen. Darryl Simons is the minister of music with Tony Cox, Derrick Simmons and Dennis Francis of the Praise Band. For more information: 293-7045, email@example.com or www. facebook.com/MarsdenFirstUnitedMethodistChurch.
• Heard Chapel AME Church: We extend a warm Christian welcome to our church school at 9.45am. All are also welcome to join our 11am service with Rev Terry Hassell when the scripture will be Matthew 25:1-12, and the sermon topic: “Stay Woke”. 42 Glebe Road, Pembroke.
• House of Prayer International Ministries: Please join us for our weekly praise and worship service at 11.15am at 25 Marsh Folly Road, Pembroke.
• Bahá’ís of Bermuda: All are welcome to join our devotional gatherings at the Bahá’í National Centre in Hamilton (entrance on Brunswick St) at 11am on the first Sunday of every month. For more information telephone 292-2723, 293-3517 or visit www.bahai.org.
• Church of God of Prophecy: Join our Sunday school at 9.45am and our 11am worship service. District overseer is Bishop Earl W. McKay. 3 Curving Avenue, Pembroke. Call 335-0984.
• Baha’i Faith: Weekly discourse on the betterment of Bermuda spiritually, socially, educationally and intellectually. Held in Baha’i homes between the parishes of Warwick through Sandys. Time: 6.30pm-8pm. Contact Randy Vaucrosson on 504-1844 for more information.
• St Andrew’s Presbyterian Church (the pink church on the corner of Church and Court Streets) will have its prayer group in the sanctuary, 12.45pm to 1.15pm. The group meets on the first and third Monday of each month to pray.
• First Church of God on Sound View Road, Somerset is running a TLC Institute Community School, Monday to Friday from 8.30am to 2.30pm. Call 234-0492 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
• Church of God of Prophecy: Join Prayer First Mondays at 7pm. District overseer is Bishop Earl W. McKay. 3 Curving Avenue, Pembroke. 335-0984.
• St Philip AME Church at 102 Harrington Sound Road, Smith’s will hold its Tuesday night prayer and Bible study from 7pm to 8.30pm. Telephone 293-0882.
• The First Church of God at 75 Sound View Road, Somerset is hosting Daily Bread’s free dinner from 4-6pm.
• New Life Church of the Nazarene: Prayer and Bible study at its location on Collector’s Hill, Smith’s, at 7pm.
• The Bermuda Bible Institute: A Bible study at TN Tatem Middle School, 7pm to 8pm. E-mail email@example.com or call 537-6480 for information.
• St Philip AME Church: Prayer and Bible study, 102 Harrington Sound Road, at 7.30pm.?
• Midland Heights Seventh-day Adventist Church, 145 North Shore Road, Hamilton Parish: Free clothing for all ages at our boutique which is open on the third Tuesday of each month. From 11.30am to 1.30pm.
• House of Prayer International Ministries: Please join us for our weekly Bible class at 7.30pm at 25 Marsh Folly Road, Pembroke.
• The First Church of God at 75 Sound View Road, Somerset holds a TLC Bible study for worshippers of all ages at 7.30pm.
• Church of Christ Paget: Join us at 7pm at Bermuda College in Brock Hall, (the room across from Coco Reef), for our midweek Bible class. All welcome.
• Widows fellowship group will be meeting every second Wednesday from 4.30pm to 6pm at Bethel AME Church. Contact Hope Lowe on 297-2101 and 704-3077.
• Richard Allen AME Church at 23 Queen Street, St George’s has a Bible class every Wednesday at 7.30pm. For more details telephone 297-0239.
• St John’s Church on St John’s Road: Prayer meeting at 1pm.
• Catalyst Men’s Fellowship: Bible reflection and prayer from 1pm to 2pm second Wednesday each month at Cathedral Hall, Church Street.
• Mt Zion AME Church’s weekly Bible study at 7.30pm. See www.mtzion.bm for details.
• St Andrew’s Presbyterian Church: (Pink Church on the corner of Church and Court Streets across from drive-in bank.) Bible Study, Wednesdays, (except first Wednesday of each month) held in the parlour in Astwood Hall at 5.30pm. Led by our pastor, Rev Judith Gardner.
• Hamilton Seventh-day Adventist Church welcomes all to a weekly prayer meeting. Service starts at 6.30pm. Call 292-7885.
• Bright Temple AME Church: Community Bible study at noon with Gloria Francis. Join us at 28 Spring Hill Road, Warwick.
• Church of God of Prophecy: Join us for Bible study at 7.30pm. District overseer is Bishop Earl W. McKay. 3 Curving Avenue, Pembroke. 335-0984.
• Heard Chapel AME Church: Join us for our midweek prayer meeting and Bible study at 7pm at 42 Glebe Road, Pembroke.
• Bahá’í Faith: Weekly discourse on the betterment of Bermuda spiritually, socially, educationally and intellectually. From 7pm-8.30pm at Bahá’í National Centre. Contact Wayne Symonds on 516-9672 or Anthony Ball on 293-2517 for more information.
• Bermuda Islamic Cultural Centre: Islam In Focus. Tune to ZBM radio 1340 AM, 6.15pm-7pm for Islamic news, world affairs, Holy Koran teachings.
• Nehemiah Bible Conference Institute Revival Assembly: Every week at 23 Ewing Street, 7.30pm to 9pm, call 238-5983.
• Grace Methodist Church: Join us for Bible study from 2pm-3pm with Rev Dr Gwyneth Lightbourne at 167 North Shore Road.
• Heard Chapel AME Church: Join us for our YPD meeting at 7pm at 42 Glebe Road, Pembroke.
• African Hebrew Israelites: New World classes on the African Edenic Presence in the Bible and the Holy Land; spiritual uplifting classes, at Dellwood Middle School from 6.30pm to 8.30pm. Phone 294-4134.
• e-mail notices you would like featured before Thursday at noon to firstname.lastname@example.org with the subject “Around The Churches”
Roland Skinner (1940-2018)
Sip-and-shop events could be breaking law
Green light for speed cameras
Teenager ‘in shock’ during fatal stabbing
Electric buses to ‘save money in long run’
Betty, 96, is a class apart
Expert’s view on economic rejuvenation model
Farm an ‘opportunity’ for at-risk youngsters
Tax ‘status quo’ not an option
Richards: PLP’s hand to be forced on status
Six achieve CFA charter status
Lambe: Losing captaincy hurt
City looking to set up free wi-fi zones
Opposition warning over politics in BTA
PartnerRe marks 25 years in Bermuda
Take Our Poll