Berkeley Institute celebrates anniversary
• Allen Temple AME Church: All are welcome to join our 100 men’s fellowship breakfast. Glenn Bascome will deliver the sermon “Becoming the New Man”, based on Isaiah 43:19. 8am at the Allen Temple Youth Centre, 2 Temple Lane, Sandys. Buy tickets at the door. Donations of $20 will be accepted. RSVP on 234-0433.
• St Paul AME Church: You are invited to worship with The Berkeley Institute family as we celebrate the school’s 120th anniversary at 11am. Berkeleyites are encouraged to wear green and gold. Guests are asked to be seated by 10.50am. Corner of Victoria & Court Streets, Hamilton.
• Bright Temple AME Church: Join us at 10am for our Men’s Day celebration with Rev Leon Jennings of Vernon Temple AME Church. 28 Spring Hill, Warwick.
• Restoration House Ministries International: Join us for a free movie starting at 6.30pm. Trafficked, rated R, was inspired by the book Sex Trafficking: Inside the Business of Modern Slavery, which was based on the real life experience of three girls from America, Nigeria, and India who were trafficked through an elaborate network and enslaved in a Texas brothel. RHM International is committed to providing education and awareness on modern-day slavery to the religious brethren of our community and is showing the film as part of Trafficking Prevention Month. Eugenia Robinson will continue the conversation with a brief Q & A following the movie: Can this happen in Bermuda? Are Bermudians vulnerable to this level of crime? Join us at The Reading Clinic, 54 Serpentine Road. Please RSVP on email@example.com or 236-2725. For more information visit www.rhminternational.com.
• Restoration House Ministries International: Second annual “I am GONNA get it done!” vision board workshop aimed at goal-setting and self-development. It will also be interactive and fun as we write our vision and make it plain upon tables based on Habakkuk 2:2. Please bring your craft kit and a 5 X 7 up to placemat-size foam board, picture frame or the like. Admission is $35. A light meal and materials are provided. 6.30pm at The Reading Clinic, 54 Serpentine Road. For more information contact Eugenia Robinson on 236-2725 or firstname.lastname@example.org, or visit www.rhminternational.com.
• The Bermuda Bible Society: Presents Music in Praise, featuring Paget Primary School Choir, Walter Ingham & Friends, Michael Taylor, Somersfield Academy Steel Pans and others. 4pm at St Andrew’s Presbyterian Church. Admission, $20. Call 777-5009 to purchase.
• St Mark’s Anglican Church: St Mark’s Anglican Church Choir will present A Celebration of Candlemas in Music and Prayer, at 6pm. Admission is free but a collection will be gathered for our organ fund. Your support of this fundraising activity will be appreciated. 53 South Road, Smith’s.
• Mt Zion AME Church: Join us for our 2018 revival, New Year, Fresh Start. With Dr Lance Watson, senior pastor of St Paul’s Baptist Church, Richmond, Virginia. Tonight and tomorrow at 7.30pm. 2 Mount Zion Lane, Whale Bay Road, Southampton.
• Hamilton Seventh-day Adventist Church: Come worship with us at 43 King Street. Sabbath school starts at 9.15am and, immediately following at 11am, divine worship. For more information call the church office on 292-7885.
• Widows fellowship group: Every third Saturday from 4.30pm to 6pm at Vernon Temple administration office. Telephone 297-2101 or 704-3077.
• Bilingual worship (Spanish/English): 6.30pm at Warwick Seventh-day Adventist Church Fellowship Hall, 92 South Shore Road. Call 236-0077 or 537-4857.
• New Testament Church of God Healing Centre: All are welcome to attend our Free Mart every second Saturday each month at 84 Somerset Road, Sandys. Everything is free from 8am-3pm.
• Centenary United Methodist Church: Invites you to join us for our worship service every Sunday at 11am at the corner of Collectors Hill and South Shore Road, Smith’s. Pastor, Rev Dick Stetler; organist, Sheila Smith.
• Discovering Christianity Fellowship: Join us at 1.30pm every week at the Bermuda Underwater Exploration Institute. For information telephone 335-2916 or 238-8010.
• Greater Love Christian Fellowship: Join us at Heritage Worship Centre each Sunday from 8am-9.15am. 59 Dundonald Street, Hamilton.
• Church of Christ Paget: Join us in Hallett Hall, Bermuda College each week for Sunday School at 10am, morning worship service at 11am and evening worship service at 4.45pm. All are welcome.
• St Philip AME Church will have its church school every Sunday at 9.30am 293-0882.
• Emmanuel Baptist Church, 35 Dundonald Street, Hamilton, invites people to its 11am services.
• Richard Allen AME Church at 23 Queen Street, St George for morning worship and service at 11am and church school at 9.30am. Call 297-0239.
• The Salvation Army at 6 Governors Alley, St George welcomes all for services at 11am and 6pm.
• Wesley Methodist Church at 41 Church Street, Hamilton, invites children to Sunday school at 10.30am. Call 292-0418.
• Southampton Seventh-day Adventist Church community giveaway every third Sunday of the month from 1-4pm at the church Fellowship Hall on Middle Road, Southampton. Call 238-1080 or email@example.com.
• Ebenezer Methodist Church at 7 York Street, St George invites children of all ages to Sunday School at 11am.
• Somerset Seventh-day Adventist Church at 6 Beacon Hill, Somerset holds a giveaway of clothing on fourth Sunday of each month from noon to 4pm.
• Midland Heights Seventh-day Adventist Church at 145 North Shore Road, Hamilton Parish offers free clothing for all ages on the first Sunday of each month from 10am to 12pm and the second Sunday of each month from 12pm to 2pm.
• Marsden First United Methodist Church at 151 South Shore Road, Smith’s invites all to attend its 10.30am worship servicen. For more information: 293-7045, firstname.lastname@example.org or www.facebook.com/MarsdenFirstUnitedMethodistChurch.
• Heard Chapel AME Church: We extend a warm Christian welcome to our church school at 9.45am. All are also welcome to join our 11am service. 42 Glebe Road, Pembroke.
• House of Prayer International Ministries: Join us for our service at 11.15am at 25 Marsh Folly Road, Pembroke.
• Bahá’ís of Bermuda: Join our devotional gatherings at the Bahá’í National Centre in Hamilton (entrance on Brunswick St) at 11am on the first Sunday of every month. Telephone 292-2723, 293-3517 or visit www.bahai.org.
• Church of God of Prophecy: Join our Sunday school at 9.45am and our 11am worship service. 3 Curving Avenue, Pembroke. Call 335-0984.
• Bahá’í Faith: Weekly discourse on the betterment of Bermuda. Time: 6.30pm-8pm. Contact Randy Vaucrosson on 504-1844.
• St Andrew’s Presbyterian Church will have its prayer group in the sanctuary, 12.45pm to 1.15pm. The group meets on the first and third Monday of each month to pray.
• First Church of God on Sound View Road, Somerset is running a TLC Institute Community School, Monday to Friday from 8.30am to 2.30pm. Call 234-0492 or email@example.com.
• Church of God of Prophecy: Join Prayer First Mondays at 7pm. 3 Curving Avenue, Pembroke. 335-0984.
• St Philip AME Church at 102 Harrington Sound Road, will hold Bible study from 7pm-8.30pm. Telephone 293-0882.
• The First Church of God at 75 Sound View Road, Somerset is hosting Daily Bread’s free dinner from 4-6pm.
• New Life Church of the Nazarene: Prayer and Bible study at its location on Collectors Hill, Smith’s, at 7pm.
• The Bermuda Bible Institute: A Bible study at TN Tatem Middle School, 7pm to 8pm. E-mail firstname.lastname@example.org or call 537-6480 for information.
• St Philip AME Church: Bible study, 102 Harrington Sound Road, at 7.30pm.?
• Midland Heights Seventh-day Adventist Church, 145 North Shore Road. Free clothing for all ages at our boutique on the third Tuesday of each month. 11.30am to 1.30pm.
• House of Prayer International Ministries: Weekly Bible class at 7.30pm at 25 Marsh Folly Road, Pembroke.
• The First Church of God at 75 Sound View Road, Somerset holds Bible study for worshippers of all ages at 7.30pm.
• Church of Christ Paget: Join us at 7pm at Bermuda College in Brock Hall for our midweek Bible class. All welcome.
• Widows fellowship group Every second Wednesday from 4.30pm to 6pm at Bethel AME Church. Contact Hope Lowe on 297-2101 and 704-3077.
• Richard Allen AME Church at 23 Queen Street, St George has a Bible class every Wednesday at 7.30pm. For more details telephone 297-0239.
• St John’s Church on St John’s Road: Prayer meeting at 1pm.
• Catalyst Men’s Fellowship: Bible study 1pm to 2pm second Wednesday each month at Cathedral Hall, Church Street.
• Mt Zion AME Church’s Bible study at 12pm and 7.30pm. Www.mtzion.bm for details.
• St Andrew’s Presbyterian Church: Bible Study, Wednesdays, (except first Wednesday of each month) held at Astwood Hall at 5.30pm.
• Hamilton Seventh-day Adventist Church Weekly prayer meeting. Service starts at 6.30pm. Call 292-7885.
• Bright Temple AME Church: Community Bible study at noon. Join us at 28 Spring Hill Road, Warwick.
• Church of God of Prophecy: Join us for Bible study at 7.30pm. 3 Curving Avenue, Pembroke. 335-0984.
• Heard Chapel AME Church: Midweek prayer meeting and Bible study at 7pm at 42 Glebe Road, Pembroke.
• Bahá’í Faith: From 7pm-8.30pm at Bahá’í National Centre. Contact Wayne Symonds on 516-9672 or Anthony Ball on 293-2517.
• Bermuda Islamic Cultural Centre: Islam In Focus. Tune to ZBM radio 1340 AM, 6.15pm-7pm.
• Nehemiah Bible Conference Institute Revival Assembly: Every week at 23 Ewing Street, 7.30pm to 9pm, call 238-5983.
• Grace Methodist Church: Bible study from 2pm-3pm at 167 North Shore Road.
• Heard Chapel AME Church: YPD meeting at 7pm at 42 Glebe Road, Pembroke.
• Marsden First United Methodist Church at 151 South Shore Road, Youth Night 6pm-9pm. E-mail email@example.com or visit Facebook.
• African Hebrew Israelites: Dellwood Middle School 6.30pm to 8.30pm. Phone 294-4134.
E-mail firstname.lastname@example.org with subject Around The Churches
MPs urged to vote against quad bike use
CEO describes rise from humble beginnings
Arrest over alleged sexual assault of minor
Belco restores power to thousands
‘It will not prevent drink driving’
Somerset businesses feeling Cup Match buzz
Teaching the masters
Roadside sobriety testing welcomed
Take Our Poll