Around the churches
• The Salvation Army Divisional Band Spring Festival is holding the Bands 22nd Annual Spring Festival featuring Composer/conductor B/M William Himes, the London Citadel Timbrels with Bermuda’s own Serena Doars, guest soloist. This event is ticketed and starts at 7.30pm, at the Ruth Seaton James Auditorium.
• Heard Chapel AME church school at 9.45am, service at 11am with preacher Rev D. Terry Hassell with the topic: I’m Struggling But Still Winning.
• The Salvation Army Sunday Morning United Worship Service, at the North Street Citadel. Come and worship in the song, spirit, and the spoken “Word” from one of who has experienced God’s Grace. The Divisional Band, the London Citadel Timbrels, Instrumental Soloist Serena Doars and special Guest Bill and Linda Himes will be participating in the Morning Worship at 11am. At 12.45pm there will be a March of witness through Hamilton.
• Heard Chapel AME bible study and prayer meeting at 7pm.
• Heard Chapel AME youth meeting at 7pm.
• Bright Temple is holding an Appreciation Day for Bro Hughie Smith, at the 10am Worship Service followed by a luncheon at 1pm. Luncheon tickets are $20. For more information contact Evang. Gloria Francis on 236-8549.
• St Luke AME Church: Join our intercessory prayer ministry at 6.30pm to pray for our leaders, for the Lord’s continued direction for St Luke AME Church, and other specific prayer requests. For more information: email@example.com. 14 Lighthouse Hill, St David’s.
• Hamilton Seventh-day Adventist Church: Come worship with us at 43 King Street, Hamilton. Sabbath school starts at 9.15am and, immediately following at 11am, divine worship. For more information: 292-7885.
• Iglesia Adventista del Septimo DIA: Ministerio hermandad. Culto Divino, 10am; escuela sabatica, 11.30am at 92 South Road, Warwick. For more information: 236-2813 or sdachurchwarwick.org
• Warwick Seventh-day Adventist Church: Join us for family ministry at 92 South Road, Warwick at 6pm. For more information: 236-2813 or sdachurchwarwick.org/ministerio-hermandad
• Widows fellowship group: Every third Saturday from 4.30pm to 6pm at Vernon Temple administration office. Telephone 297-2101 or 704-3077.
• Bilingual worship (Spanish/English): 6.30pm at Warwick Seventh-day Adventist Church Fellowship Hall, 92 South Shore Road. Call 236-0077 or 537-4857.
• New Testament Church of God Healing Centre: All are welcome to attend our Free Mart every second Saturday each month at 84 Somerset Road, Sandys. Everything is free from 8am-3pm.
• BJ Ministries International: Join us every fourth Saturday for our Sharing and Caring, Sister to Sister meeting at Radnor Road Christian Fellowship, North Shore Rd, Hamilton Parish from 10am to 1pm. Contact Beverly Jones 238-7453.
• St Luke AME Church: We understand that everyone is at a different place in their journey with the Lord, and many people from different backgrounds attend our church, so we invite you to come as you are for our 11am service. For more information: 737-7804 or firstname.lastname@example.org. 14 Lighthouse Hill, St David’s.
• Centenary United Methodist Church: Invites you to join us for our worship service every Sunday at 11am at the corner of Collectors Hill and South Shore Road, Smith’s. Pastor, Rev Dick Stetler; organist, Sheila Smith.
• Discovering Christianity Fellowship: Join us at 1.30pm every week in the Royal Caribbean Room at BUEI. Call 335-2916 or 238-8010.
• Greater Love Christian Fellowship: Invites you to join us at Heritage Worship Centre from 8am-9.15am. We exist to provide love and care through sharing each other’s needs, burdens and joys. 59 Dundonald Street, Hamilton.
• Church of Christ Paget: Join us in Hallett Hall, Bermuda College for Sunday school at 10am and our worship services at 11am and 4.45pm. All are welcome.
• St Philip AME Church: Join us for church school at 9.30am. Call: 293-0882.
• Emmanuel Baptist Church: Join us for our 11am services at 35 Dundonald Street, Hamilton.
• Richard Allen AME Church: Join us for church school at 9.30am and worship and praise service at 11am at 23 Queen Street, St George. Call 297-0239.
• The Salvation Army: All are welcome to join our services at 11am and 6pm at 6 Governor’s Alley, St George.
• Wesley Methodist Church: Join us for Sunday school at 10.45am. All are welcome to our 11am service with Reverend Meredith Fraser when the sermon will be “With Respect in Creation”. 41 Church Street. Call: 292-0418.
• Southampton Seventh-day Adventist Church: Community giveaway every third Sunday of the month including clothing, food and shoes from 1-4pm at Fellowship Hall on Middle Road, Southampton. For more: 238-1080 or email@example.com.
• Ebenezer Methodist Church: Children of all ages are invited to join us for Sunday school at 11am at 7 York Street, St George.
• Somerset Seventh-day Adventist Church: A free giveaway of clothing on the fourth Sunday of each month from noon to 4pm at 6 Beacon Hill, Sandys.
• Midland Heights Seventh-day Adventist Church: Free clothing for all ages on the first Sunday of each month from 10am to 12pm and the second Sunday of each month from 12pm to 2pm at 145 North Shore Road, Hamilton Parish.
• Marsden First United Methodist Church: All are invited to attend our 10.30am worship service with Pastor Joseph Whalen. Darryl Simons is the minister of music with Tony Cox, Derrick Simmons and Dennis Francis of the Praise Band. 151 South Shore Road, Smith’s. Call: 293-7045, firstname.lastname@example.org or facebook.com/FirstUnitedMethodistChurch.
• Heard Chapel AME Church: We extend a warm Christian welcome to our church school at 9.45am. All are also welcome to join our 11am Mother’s Day service with Bonnie Smith. The scripture will be Proverbs 31: 28-31, and the sermon topic, “The Proverbs 31 Woman”. 42 Glebe Road, Pembroke.
• House of Prayer International Ministries: Join us for our weekly praise and worship service at 11.15am at 25 Marsh Folly Road, Pembroke.
• Bahá’ís of Bermuda: All are welcome to join our devotional gatherings at the Bahá’í National Centre in Hamilton (entrance on Brunswick St) at 11am on the first Sunday of every month. For more: 292-2723, 293-3517 or visit www.bahai.org.
• Church of God of Prophecy: Join our Sunday school at 9.45am and our 11am worship service. District overseer is Bishop Earl McKay. 3 Curving Avenue, Pembroke. Call 335-0984.
• Bahá’ís of Bermuda: Weekly discourse on the betterment of Bermuda spiritually, socially, educationally and intellectually. Held in Bahá’í homes between the parishes of Warwick through Sandys. Time: 6.30pm-8pm. Call: 504-1844.
• St Andrew’s Presbyterian Church: Prayer group in the sanctuary, from 12.45pm to 1.15pm. The group meets on the first and third Monday of each month in the pink church on the corner of Church and Court Streets.
• First Church of God: A TLC Institute Community School, Monday to Friday from 8.30am to 2.30pm on Sound View Road, Sandys. Call: 234-0492 or email@example.com.
• Church of God of Prophecy: Join Prayer First Mondays at 7pm. District overseer is Bishop Earl W. McKay. 3 Curving Avenue, Pembroke. 335-0984.
• St Luke AME Church: Join our weekly Bible study at 7pm. We encourage you to bring your Bible, pen and paper for note taking and an open heart to hear God’s word. For more information: 737-7804 or firstname.lastname@example.org. 14 Lighthouse Hill, St David’s.
• Warwick Seventh-day Adventist Church: Join us for a community meal at 92 South Road, Warwick at 6pm; prayer/family ministry follows at 7pm. For more information: 236-2813 or sdachurchwarwick.org
• St Philip AME Church: Join us for Bible study from 7pm to 8.30pm at 102 Harrington Sound Road, Smith’s. Call 293-0882.
• The First Church of God: Join us as we host Daily Bread’s free dinner from 4-6pm at 75 Sound View Road, Sandys.
• New Life Church of the Nazarene: Prayer and Bible study at Collector’s Hill, Smith’s, at 7pm
• The Bermuda Bible Institute: A Bible study at TN Tatem Middle School, 7pm to 8pm. E-mail email@example.com or call 537-6480.
• St Philip AME Church: Prayer and Bible study at 7.30pm at 102 Harrington Sound Road, Smith’s.
• Midland Heights Seventh-day Adventist Church: Free clothing for all at our boutique which is open on the third Tuesday of each month from 11.30am to 1.30pm at 145 North Shore Road, Hamilton Parish.
• The Anglican Church of Bermuda: Join us for an Alpha course, a ten-week series of interactive sessions exploring life’s biggest questions over dinner that runs from April 18 to June 20. There is no pressure and no charge to attend. Alpha explores life and the Christian faith in a friendly, open and informal environment. Alpha is for everyone whether you are a Christian or not. Text, phone or WhatsApp to register: 705-3624. Dinners will be held in the Anglican Cathedral Hall, 29 Church Street, Hamilton.
• Wesley Methodist Church: If you enjoy playing board and card games, join us on the first and third Wednesdays of each month from 3pm to 5pm on the ground floor level of the church. Light refreshments will be served. A warm Wesley welcome is assured. Admission is free. Anyone willing to donate games or assist should contact 236-4971 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
• House of Prayer International Ministries: Join us for our weekly Bible class at 7.30pm at 25 Marsh Folly Road, Pembroke.
• The First Church of God: Join a TLC Bible study for worshippers of all ages at 7.30pm at 75 Sound View Road, Sandys.
• Church of Christ Paget: Join us at 7pm at Bermuda College in Brock Hall, (the room across from Coco Reef), for Bible class.
• Widows fellowship group: Every second Wednesday from 4.30pm to 6pm at Bethel AME Church. Contact Hope Lowe on 297-2101 and 704-3077.
• Richard Allen AME Church: Join our Bible class at 7.30pm at 23 Queen Street, St George. Call 297-0239.
• St John’s Church: Join our prayer meeting at 1pm. St John’s Road, Pembroke.
• Catalyst Men’s Fellowship: Bible reflection from 1pm to 2pm second Wednesday each month at Cathedral Hall, Church Street.
• Mt Zion AME Church: Weekly Bible study at 12pm and 7.30pm 2 Mt Zion Lane, Whale Bay Road, Southampton. For more information: www.mtzion.bm
• St Andrew’s Presbyterian Church: Join us for Bible study every Wednesday except the first of each month in the parlour in Astwood Hall at 5.30pm. Led by our pastor, Rev Judith Gardner.
• Hamilton Seventh-day Adventist Church: All are welcome at our prayer meeting at 6.30pm. For more information call 292-7885.
• Bright Temple AME Church: Community Bible study at noon with Gloria Francis. 28 Spring Hill Road, Warwick.
• Church of God of Prophecy: Join us for Bible study at 7.30pm. District overseer is Bishop Earl W. McKay. 3 Curving Avenue, Pembroke. 335-0984.
• Heard Chapel AME Church: Join us for our midweek prayer meeting and Bible study at 7pm at 42 Glebe Road, Pembroke.
• Mt Zion AME Church: Bible study in the city with Rev Jahkimmo Smith. Bring your Bible, bring your lunch, bring your co-worker, bring your questions. 12.15pm to 1pm at St Andrew’s Presbyterian Church Hall. • Bahá’í Faith: Weekly discourse on the betterment of Bermuda spiritually, socially, educationally and intellectually. From 7pm-8.30pm at Bahá’í National Centre. Contact Wayne Symonds on 516-9672 or Anthony Ball on 293-2517.
• Bermuda Islamic Cultural Centre: Islam In Focus. Tune to ZBM radio 1340 AM, 6.15pm-7pm for Islamic news, world affairs, Holy Koran teachings.
• Nehemiah Bible Conference Institute Revival Assembly: Weekly at 23 Ewing Street, 7.30pm to 9pm, call 238-5983.
• Grace Methodist Church: Join us for Bible study from 2pm-3pm with Rev Dr Gwyneth Lightbourne at 167 North Shore Road.
• St Luke AME Church: Join our Men’s Ministry’s weekly Bible study at 6pm. It’s a time of fellowship, fun and learning — growing through the sharing and understanding of God’s word. For more information: 799-5320 or email@example.com. 14 Lighthouse Hill, St David’s.
• Warwick Seventh-day Adventist Church: Join us for family ministry at 92 South Road, Warwick at 6pm. For more information: 236-2813 or sdachurchwarwick.org
• Marsden First United Methodist Church: All are invited to attend our youth night from 6pm-9pm 151 South Shore Road, Smith’s. For more: firstname.lastname@example.org or on Facebook.
• African Hebrew Israelites: New World classes on the African Edenic Presence in the Bible and the Holy Land at Dellwood Middle School from 6.30pm to 8.30pm. Phone 294-4134.
• E-mail notices you would like featured before Thursday at noon to email@example.com with the subject “Around The Churches”
Desperate mother faces bleak choice for son
Sex offender to be held at Co-Ed
Former teacher Called to the Bar
Somersfield plans $6m expansion
Bermudian held after US extradition request
PLP is using ‘Trump-esque’ tactics – Simons
Daredevil completes round-the-island swim
Judge overturns man’s sex conviction
Take Our Poll