Around the churches
• Restoration House Ministries International: Join our four-module Ministering of Spiritual Gifts series and increase communication with God and put theory into practice. The $80 cost includes course material. Modules run through October 8 at Grace Methodist Church, North Shore Road, Devonshire. WhatsApp Eugenia Robinson on 519-3516 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
• Chapel of Ease Church: Join the St David’s Guild for a car boot sale at the church hall. A white elephant, crafts, baked goods and refreshments will also be on sale. 10am to 3pm. Chapel of Ease Road, St David’s. Contact: 297-1217 or email@example.com.
• St Luke’s AME Church: Join our annual Women’s Day celebration. Services will be held at 11am and 4pm with guest speaker Shannel Burrows. Lunch after the morning service is $20; refreshments will be served after the second service. 14 Lighthouse Hill, St. David’s
• Women Aglow Int: Invites you to our fellowship worship service at 9.45am when the topic will be “21st Century Game Changers”. The theme, No Limits, will be based on Mark 10:27. Light refreshments will be served. Astwood Hall, Church Street, Hamilton. Contact Brenda Webb on 293-0955.
• St Peter’s Church: Join us and Holy Trinity Church at the Unfinished Church at 3pm for a “Blessing of Animals” service conducted by Reverends Tom Slawson and John Stow. All pets welcome, donations in aid of the SPCA. Parking across from St George’s Prep School. For more information: 297-2459.
• Marsden First United Methodist Church: We cordially invite you join us at 10.30am for our Friends & Family Celebration in honour of our 157th anniversary. Judith Gardner will speak on the theme, “Friends & Family of Marsden United Under God’s Banner”. Luncheon to follow. 151 South Shore Road, Smith’s. For more information: 293-7045, firstname.lastname@example.org or Facebook, FirstUnitedMethodistChurch.
• St Andrew’s and St Anne’s Guild: Join us for a scavenger hunt with a twist. Bring a church member, work colleague, family or friends for a four-person team. Collect your list of clues and head out for a fun-filled afternoon. Tickets, $10. Enjoy light refreshments and win prizes. 3.30pm at St Anne’s Church Hall, Corner of South and Church Roads, Southampton. For information: 238-2824 or email@example.com.
• Bethel AME Church: Join us as we celebrate 130 years of ministry. The 11am service, led by Reverend Ruth VanLowe Smith of Bethel AME, will be followed by a luncheon and a repass. Reverend Joseph Whalen of Marsden First United Methodist Church will lead a service at 4pm. The theme for the day is “Sankofa, a Celebration of our Past, A Commitment to our Present and A Pledge to our Future”. 60 North Shore Road, Hamilton Parish.
• Bright Temple AME Church: Join us for a flea market/car boot sale from 8am until 4pm in the church hall and parking lot. The cost per table or car boot is $25. For more information contact Lennis Furbert on 236-6511. 28 Spring Hill, Warwick.
• Grace Methodist Church: The church is open from 10am to 11am for personal prayer and praise. 167 North Shore Road, Pembroke.
•St Luke AME Church: Join our intercessory prayer ministry at 14 Lighthouse Hill, St David’s from 5.30am to 9am and at 6.30pm to pray for our leaders, for the Lord’s direction for our church, and other specific prayer requests. Contact: firstname.lastname@example.org or email@example.com
•Hamilton Seventh-day Adventist Church: Come worship with us at 43 King Street, Hamilton. Sabbath school starts at 9.15am and at 11am, divine worship. Call: 292-7885.
•Iglesia Adventista del Septimo Dia: Ministerio Hermandad. Culto Divino: 10am; escuela sabatica, 11.30am at 92 South Road, Warwick. Call: 236-2813 or sdachurchwarwick.org/ministerio-hermandad
•Warwick Seventh-day Adventist Church: Join us for family ministry at 92 South Road, Warwick at 6pm. For more: 236-2813 or sdachurchwarwick.org/ministerio-hermandad
•Widows fellowship group: Every third Saturday from 4.30pm to 6pm at Vernon Temple. Call 297-2101 or 704-3077.
•Bilingual worship (Spanish/English): 6.30pm at Warwick Seventh-day Adventist Church Fellowship Hall, 92 South Shore Road. Call 236-0077 or 537-4857.
•New Testament Church of God Healing Centre: All are welcome to attend our Free Mart every second Saturday each month at 84 Somerset Road. 8am-3pm.
•BJ Ministries International: Join us every fourth Saturday for our Sharing and Caring, Sister to Sister meeting at Radnor Road Christian Fellowship, North Shore Rd, Hamilton Parish from 10am to 1pm. Call 238-7453.
•Bright Temple AME Church: Sunday morning broadcast on Inspire 105 at 6.30am and Amazing Grace with Rev Dr Erskine Simmons at 8am. Sunday school at 9am with Sunday worship service at 10am.
•St Anne’s Anglican Church: Join us for our family Eucharist at 10.30am. Corner of South and Church Roads, Southampton.
•The Way Ministry Church: Join Pastor Wayne Butterfield for a gathering of believers and unbelievers to pray, worship and share the word of God 10am until 12pm in the staff room of the new Berkeley Institute. Call: 232-0188, 336-9742 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
•St Luke AME Church: Join us at our 11am service. Call 737-7804 or email@example.com. 14 Lighthouse Hill, St David’s.
•Centenary United Methodist Church: Invites you to our 11am worship service at the corner of Collectors Hill and South Shore Road, Smith’s. Pastor, Rev Dick Stetler; organist, Sheila Smith.
•Discovering Christianity Fellowship: Join us at 1.30pm in the Royal Caribbean Room at BUEI. Call 335-2916 or 238-8010.
•Greater Love Christian Fellowship: Invites you to join us at Heritage Worship Centre from 8am until 9.15am. We exist to provide love and care through sharing each other’s needs, burdens and joys. 59 Dundonald Street, Hamilton.
• Grace Methodist Church: Join us for Sunday school at 9.30am and morning worship at 11am with Reverend D’Wain Wales when the topic will be ‘Born to Inspire’ and the text taken from 2 Corinthians 1: 1-7. 167 North Shore Road, Pembroke.
•Church of Christ Paget: Join us in Hallett Hall, Bermuda College for Sunday school at 10am and our worship services at 11am and 4.45pm. All are welcome.
•St Philip AME Church: Join us for church school at 9.30am. Call: 293-0882.
•Emmanuel Baptist Church: Join us for our 11am services at 35 Dundonald Street, Hamilton.
•Richard Allen AME Church: Join us for church school at 9.30am and worship and praise service at 11am at 23 Queen Street, St George’s. Call 297-0239.
•The Salvation Army: All are welcome to join our services at 11am and 6pm at 6 Governor’s Alley, St George’s.
•Wesley Methodist Church: Join our for Sunday school at 10.45am. All are welcome to join at 11am as we celebrate Thanksgiving Sunday and World Wide Communion Sunday with Reverend Meredith Fraser. 41 Church Street. Call: 292-0418.
•Southampton Seventh-day Adventist Church: Community giveaway of clothing, food and shoes every third Sunday of the month from 1-4pm at Fellowship Hall on Middle Road, Southampton. Call: 238-1080 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
•Ebenezer Methodist Church: Children of all ages are invited to join us for Sunday school at 11am at 7 York Street, St George’s.
•Somerset Seventh-day Adventist Church: A free giveaway of clothing on the fourth Sunday of each month from noon to 4pm at 6 Beacon Hill, Sandys.
•Midland Heights Seventh-day Adventist Church: Free clothing for all ages on the first Sunday of each month from 10am to 12pm and the second Sunday of each month from 12pm to 2pm at 145 North Shore Road, Hamilton Parish.
•Marsden First United Methodist Church: All are invited to attend our 10.30am worship service with Pastor Joseph Whalen. Darryl Simons is the minister of music with Tony Cox, Derrick Simmons and Dennis Francis of the Praise Band. 151 South Shore Road, Smith’s. Call: 293-7045, email@example.com or facebook.com/FirstUnitedMethodistChurch
•Heard Chapel AME Church: Join us for church school at 9.45am and our 11am service with Rev Terry Hassell. The scripture will be Job 2: 1-10 and the topic, “What To Do When Things Go Wrong”. 42 Glebe Road, Pembroke.
•House of Prayer International Ministries: Join us for our weekly praise and worship service at 11.15am at 25 Marsh Folly Road, Pembroke.
•Bahá’ís of Bermuda: All are welcome to join our devotional gatherings at the Bahá’í National Centre in Hamilton (entrance on Brunswick St) at 11am on the first Sunday of every month. Call: 292-2723, 293-3517 or www.bahai.org.
•Church of God of Prophecy: Join our Sunday school at 9.45am and our 11am worship service. District overseer is Bishop Earl McKay. 3 Curving Avenue, Pembroke. Call 335-0984.
•St Anne’s Church: Open for viewing from 10am and 12pm. View their stained-glass windows and handcrafted Bermuda cedar furniture. Their commemorative 400th anniversary stained glass window tells the story of the area history. All are welcome. Corner of South and Church Roads, Southampton.
•St Andrew’s Presbyterian Church: Prayer group in the sanctuary, from 12.45pm to 1.15pm. The group meets on the first and third Monday of each month on the corner of Church and Court Streets.
•First Church of God: A TLC Institute Community School, Monday to Friday from 8.30am to 2.30pm on Sound View Road, Sandys. Call: 234-0492 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
•Church of God of Prophecy: Join Prayer First Mondays at 7pm. District overseer is Bishop Earl W. McKay. 3 Curving Avenue, Pembroke. 335-0984.
•St Luke AME Church: Join our weekly Bible study at Clearwater Beach at 7pm. We encourage you to bring your Bible, pen and paper and an open heart to hear God’s word. Call: 737-7804 or email@example.com. Look for us under the big tree near Turtle Bay.
•Warwick Seventh-day Adventist Church: Join us for a meal at 92 South Road, Warwick at 6pm; prayer/family ministry follows at 7pm 236-2813 or sdachurchwarwick.org
•St Philip AME Church: Join us for Bible study from 7pm to 8.30pm at 102 Harrington Sound Road, Smith’s. Call 293-0882.
•New Life Church of the Nazarene: Prayer and Bible study at Collector’s Hill, Smith’s, at 7pm.
•The Bermuda Bible Institute: A Bible study at TN Tatem Middle School, 7pm to 8pm. E-mail firstname.lastname@example.org or call 537-6480.
•Midland Heights Seventh-day Adventist Church: Free clothing for all at our boutique which is open on the third Tuesday of each month from 11.30am to 1.30pm at 145 North Shore Road, Hamilton Parish.
•House of Prayer International Ministries: Join us for our weekly Bible class at 7.30pm at 25 Marsh Folly Road, Pembroke.
•The First Church of God: Join a TLC Bible study for worshippers of all ages at 7.30pm at 75 Sound View Road, Sandys.
•Church of Christ Paget: Join us at 7pm at Bermuda College in Brock Hall, (the room across from Coco Reef), for Bible class.
•Widows’ Fellowship Group: Every second Wednesday from 4.30pm to 6pm at Bethel AME Church. Contact Hope Lowe on 297-2101 and 704-3077.
•Richard Allen AME Church: Join our Bible class at 7.30pm at 23 Queen Street, St George’s. Call 297-0239.
•St John’s Church: Join our prayer meeting at 1pm. St John’s Road, Pembroke.
•Grace Methodist Church: Join us between 5pm and 7pm for fun and games with Quinton Mallory. 167 North Shore Road, Pembroke.
•Catalyst Men’s Fellowship: Bible reflection from 1pm to 2pm second Wednesday each month at Cathedral Hall, Church Street.
•Mt Zion AME Church: Weekly Bible study at 12pm and 7.30pm 2 Mt Zion Lane, Whale Bay Road, Southampton. mtzion.bm
•St Andrew’s Presbyterian Church: Join us for Bible study every Wednesday except the first of each month in the parlour in Astwood Hall at 5.30pm. Led by our pastor, Rev Judith Gardner.
•Hamilton Seventh-day Adventist Church: All are welcome at our prayer meeting at 6.30pm. Call 292-7885.
•Bright Temple AME Church: Community Bible study at noon and 7.30pm with Intercessory prayer at 7pm.
•Church of God of Prophecy: Join us for Bible study at 7.30pm. District overseer is Bishop Earl W. McKay. 3 Curving Avenue, Pembroke. 335-0984.
•Heard Chapel AME Church: Join us for our midweek prayer meeting and Bible study at 7pm at 42 Glebe Road, Pembroke.
•Mt Zion AME Church: Bible study in the city with Rev Jahkimmo Smith. Bring your Bible, lunch, co-worker and your questions. 12.15pm to 1pm at St Andrew’s Presbyterian Church Hall.
•Bahá’í Faith: Weekly discourse on the betterment of Bermuda spiritually, socially, educationally and intellectually. From 7pm-8.30pm at Bahá’í National Centre. Contact Wayne Symonds on 516-9672 or Anthony Ball on 293-2517.
•Bermuda Islamic Cultural Centre: Islam In Focus. Tune to ZBM radio 1340 AM, 6.15pm to 7pm for Islamic news, world affairs, Holy Koran teachings.
•Nehemiah Bible Conference Institute Revival Assembly: Weekly at 23 Ewing Street, 7.30pm to 9pm, call 238-5983.
•Grace Methodist Church: Join us for Bible study from 2pm-3pm with Lay Pastoral Minister Dr Gwyneth Lightbourne at 167 North Shore Road.
•St Luke AME Church: Join our Men’s Bible study at 6pm. It’s a time of fellowship, fun and learning — growing through the sharing and understanding of God’s word. Contact: 799-5320 or email@example.com. 14 Lighthouse Hill, St David’s.
•Heard Chapel AME Church: Youth meetings resume September 7 at 7pm at 42 Glebe Road.
•Warwick Seventh-day Adventist Church: Join us for family ministry at 92 South Road, Warwick at 6pm. Call: 236-2813 or sdachurchwarwick.org
•Marsden First United Methodist Church: All are invited to attend our youth night from 6pm-9pm 151 South Shore Road, Smith’s. firstname.lastname@example.org or on Facebook.
•African Hebrew Israelites: New World classes on the African Edenic Presence in the Bible and the Holy Land at Dellwood Middle School from 6.30pm to 8.30pm. Phone 294-4134.
E-mail notices you would like featured before Thursday at noon to email@example.com with the subject “Around The Churches”
Bankrupt lawyer determined to practise again
Crown: shooting victim stalked
Larry Woolgar (1952-2019)
Neptune refitted to create The Media Lounge
Buju’s ‘long walk’ reaches Bermuda
Police renew witness appeal in Dill murder
Art has no plans to retire
Salford on lookout for local talent
Renewed call for Simmons arbitration centre
Public opinion sought on immigration reform
House approves hospital funding-grant change
Entrepreneurism a learning process for Laws
Young Achiever: MSA pupils think tourism
Stark message for insurers: digitise or die
Take Our Poll