Around the churches
• Bright Temple AME Church: Join us for a flea market/car boot sale from 8am until 4pm in the church hall and parking lot. The cost per table or car boot is $25. For more information contact Lennis Furbert on 236-6511. 28 Spring Hill, Warwick.
• St John’s Anglican Church: Join our Guild for a family Bingo night in the Pembroke Sunday School hall from 6pm to 9pm. Tickets, $15, include a light supper and one free bingo card. Additional cards and raffles are $2 each. 27 St John’s Road, Pembroke.
• Allen Temple AME Church: Women’s Day services at 8am and 11am with Rev Dr Carlita Cotton, associate pastor at Allen Chapel AME Church, Hartford, Connecticut. At 4pm join us for “Women in Worship: A Celebration of Dance & Worship”. 2 Temple Lane, Sandys.
• St Peter’s Church: Join us for a wreath-laying ceremony in the Town Square at 10.30am followed by Holy Eucharist in honour of All Saints Sunday, at 11am. 33 Duke of York Street, St George’s.
• St Philip AME Church: Join us at 7pm for ‘Night of Hymns’, a night of praise and worship through the hymns of the church. 102 Harrington Sound Road, Smith’s.
• Koinonia Training Centre, Bermuda: Join us for a three-day course, ‘Bible Study Methods: Thompson Chain Reference Bible’ with Dr Howard Smith of King Priest Ministries, Southampton. Today and tomorrow 5.45pm until 7.45pm; Saturday 8.45am until 4pm. Admission $100, audit and guest. Registration required: email@example.com. The Berkeley Institute staff lounge. 26 Berkeley Road, Pembroke.
• Church of God of Prophecy: Invites you to their Women’s Conference starting tonight at 7pm with guest speaker Rev Lona Beckford of Church of God of Prophecy, Queens, New York. Sessions continue tomorrow with a 9.30am, breakfast followed by a workshop at 10.30am when the guest speaker will be Pastor Shannel Burrows of West Pembroke Pentecostal Assembly. Join us also on Sunday for services at 11am and 4.30pm. For more information telephone 335-0084. 3 Curving Avenue, Pembroke.
• St Philip AME Church: Join us at 7.30pm for a talent show sponsored by the Young People’s Department. Admission, $10. Refreshments will be on sale. 102 Harrington Sound Road, Smith’s.
• First Church of God: Join us as we celebrate our annual Youth Day at 11am with guest speaker Rachael Little of First Church of God, North Shore. Rasheeda Burgess of St Luke’s AME Church, St David’s, will speak at 4.30pm. 31 Angle Street, Pembroke.
• St Peter’s Church: Join us at 11am for our Remembrance Day service and, at 3pm, the ringing of the church bell. 33 Duke of York Street, St George’s.
• St Mary’s Church: Join us for our annual Christmas fair in the church hall from 10am until 4pm. There will be lots of stalls, children’s games and a fun castle. 2 St Mary’s Road, Warwick.
• Women Aglow Int: Please join our fellowship worship service at 9.45am when the topic will be “21st Century Game Changers”. Light refreshments will be served. are welcome. For more information contact Brenda Webb on 293-0955. Astwood Hall, Church Street, Hamilton.
• St Philip AME Church: Join us at 7.30pm for a one-night revival with Rev Dr Madeline Hayward of First Church of God, Angle Street. 102 Harrington Sound Road, Smith’s.
• St James Anglican Church: Join us and St Michael’s Chapel in St James’ Parish Hall for our annual Thanksgiving dinner, starting at 4pm. Diners are welcome to eat in or take away. Tickets, $25. 90 Main Road, Sandys.
• Grace Methodist Church: All are welcome to our “100 Women in White” service at 3.30pm with guest speaker Rev Judith Gardner of St Andrew’s Presbyterian Church. 167 North Shore Road, Pembroke.
• St Philip AME Church: Join our Women’s Day celebrations. Jeanann Stovell, of Better Covenant Christian Fellowship, will speak at 11am. Lunch will follow in Friendship Hall. Donation, $20. Rev Ruth VanLowe Smith, of Bethel AME Church, will speak at 4pm. Refreshments will follow in Friendship Hall. 102 Harrington Sound Road, Smith’s.
• Somerset Methodist Church: Join us at 11am for our harvest Thanksgiving celebration with guest speaker Leo Mills. Somerset Brigade Band will also be in attendance. 38 Long Bay Lane, Sandys.
• St Philip AME Church: Join us for our Fun and Talent Night, a relaxing evening starting at 7pm. 102 Harrington Sound Road, Smith’s.
• Warwick Seventh-day Adventist Church: Join us for our bilingual worship (Spanish/English) in Fellowship Hall at 6.30pm 92 South Shore Road. Call 236-0077 or 537-4857.
• BJ Ministries International: Join us every fourth Saturday for our Sharing and Caring, Sister to Sister meeting at Radnor Road Christian Fellowship, North Shore Rd, Hamilton Parish from 10am to 1pm. Call 238-7453.
• Grace Methodist Church: The church is open from 10am to 11am for personal prayer and praise. 167 North Shore Road, Pembroke.
• Hamilton Seventh-day Adventist Church: Come worship with us at 43 King Street, Hamilton. Sabbath school starts at 9.15am and at 11am, divine worship. Call: 292-7885.
• Iglesia Adventista del Septimo DIA: Culto divino at 10am with Ministerio Hermandad. Escuela sabatica at 11.30am 92 South Road, Warwick. Contact: 236-2813 or sdachurchwarwick.org/ministerio-hermandad
• New Testament Church of God Healing Centre: All are welcome to attend our Free Mart every second Saturday each month at 84 Somerset Road. 8am-3pm.
• St Luke AME Church: Join our intercessory prayer ministry at 14 Lighthouse Hill, St David’s from 5.30am to 9am and at 6.30pm to pray for our leaders, for the Lord’s direction for our church, and other specific prayer requests. Contact: firstname.lastname@example.org or email@example.com
• Warwick Seventh-day Adventist Church: Join us for family ministry at 92 South Road, Warwick at 6pm. For more: 236-2813 or sdachurchwarwick.org/ministerio-hermandad
• Widows fellowship group: Every third Saturday from 4.30pm to 6pm at Vernon Temple. Call 297-2101 or 704-3077.
• Bahá’ís of Bermuda: All are welcome to join our devotional gatherings at the Bahá’í National Centre in Hamilton (entrance on Brunswick St) at 11am on the first Sunday of every month. Call: 292-2723, 293-3517 or www.bahai.org.
• Bright Temple AME Church: Sunday morning broadcast on Inspire 105 at 6.30am and Amazing Grace with Rev Dr Erskine Simmons at 8am. Sunday school at 9am with Sunday worship service at 10am.
• Centenary United Methodist Church: Invites you to our 11am worship service at the corner of Collectors Hill and South Shore Road, Smith’s. Pastor, Rev Dick Stetler; organist, Sheila Smith.
• Church of Christ Paget: Join us in Hallett Hall, Bermuda College for Sunday school at 10am and our worship services at 11am and 4.45pm. All are welcome.
• Church of God of Prophecy: Join our Sunday school at 9.45am and our 11am worship service. District overseer is Bishop Earl McKay. 3 Curving Avenue, Pembroke. Call 335-0984.
• Discovering Christianity Fellowship: Join us at 1.30pm in the Royal Caribbean Room at BUEI. Call 335-2916 or 238-8010.
• Ebenezer Methodist Church: Children of all ages are invited to join us for Sunday school at 11am at 7 York Street, St George’s.
• Emmanuel Baptist Church: Join us for our 11am services at 35 Dundonald Street, Hamilton.
• Grace Methodist Church: Join us for Sunday school at 9.30am and morning worship at 11am with Reverend D’Wain Wales when we will celebrate Harvest Sunday. The topic will be “A Makeover” and the text taken from Genesis 1:28. 167 North Shore Road, Pembroke.
• Greater Love Christian Fellowship: Invites you to join us at Heritage Worship Centre from 8am until 9.15am. We exist to provide love and care through sharing each other’s needs, burdens and joys. 59 Dundonald Street, Hamilton.
• Heard Chapel AME Church: Join us for church school at 9.45am and our 11am service with Rev Terry Hassell. The scripture will be Mark 12:28-34 and the topic, “Loving God”. 42 Glebe Road, Pembroke.
• House of Prayer International Ministries: Join us for our weekly praise and worship service at 11.15am at 25 Marsh Folly Road, Pembroke.
• Marsden First United Methodist Church: All are invited to attend our 10.30am worship service with Pastor Joseph Whalen. Darryl Simons is the minister of music with Tony Cox, Derrick Simmons and Dennis Francis of the Praise Band. 151 South Shore Road, Smith’s. Call: 293-7045, firstname.lastname@example.org or facebook.com/FirstUnitedMethodistChurch
• Richard Allen AME Church: Join us for church school at 9.30am and worship and praise service at 11am at 23 Queen Street, St George’s. Call 297-0239.
• St Anne’s Anglican Church: Join us for our family Eucharist at 10.30am. Corner of South and Church Roads, Southampton.
• St James Anglican Church: Join our 10.30am service when the Right Reverend Nicholas Dill will officiate as the church celebrates Harvest Sunday and Pray Day. 90 Main Road, Sandys.
• St Luke AME Church: Join us at our 11am service. Contact: 737-7804 or mgburg@bless ed.bm. 14 Lighthouse Hill, St David’s.
• St Philip AME Church: Join us for church school at 9.30am. Call: 293-0882.
• Somerset Seventh-day Adventist Church: A free giveaway of clothing on the fourth Sunday of each month from noon to 4pm at 6 Beacon Hill, Sandys.
• Southampton Seventh-day Adventist Church: Community giveaway of clothing, food and shoes every third Sunday of the month from 1-4pm at Fellowship Hall on Middle Road, Southampton. Call: 238-1080 or email@example.com.
• The Salvation Army: All are welcome to join our services at 11am and 6pm at 6 Governor’s Alley, St George’s.
• The Way Ministry Church: Join Pastor Wayne Butterfield for a gathering of believers and unbelievers to pray, worship and share the word of God 10am until 12pm in the staff room of the new Berkeley Institute. Call: 232-0188, 336-9742 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
• Wesley Methodist Church: Join us for Sunday school at 10.45am. All are welcome to join at 11am with Reverend Meredith Fraser. Jasen Moniz will deliver the message, “The Communication of Saints”. Fellowship and refreshments in Dyer Hall following the worship service. All are welcome. 41 Church Street. Call: 292-0418.
• Church of God of Prophecy: Join Prayer First Mondays at 7pm. District overseer is Bishop Earl W. McKay. 3 Curving Avenue, Pembroke. 335-0984.
• First Church of God: A TLC Institute Community School, Monday to Friday from 8.30am to 2.30pm on Sound View Road, Sandys. Call: 234-0492 or email@example.com.
• St Anne’s Anglican Church: Open for viewing from 10am and 12pm. View their stained-glass windows and handcrafted Bermuda cedar furniture. Their commemorative 400th anniversary stained glass window tells the story of the area history. All are welcome. Corner of South and Church Roads, Southampton.
• St Andrew’s Presbyterian Church: Prayer group in the sanctuary, from 12.45pm to 1.15pm. The group meets on the first and third Monday of each month on the corner of Church and Court Streets.
• New Life Church of the Nazarene: Prayer and Bible study at Collector’s Hill, Smith’s, at 7pm.
• St Luke AME Church: Invites you to our weekly Bible study at 7pm. We encourage you to bring your Bible, pen, paper and an open heart to hear God’s word. Contact: 737-7804 or firstname.lastname@example.org. 14 Lighthouse Hill, St. David’s.
• St Philip AME Church: Join us for Bible study from 7pm to 8.30pm at 102 Harrington Sound Road, Smith’s. Call 293-0882.
• The Bermuda Bible Institute: A Bible study at TN Tatem Middle School, 7pm to 8pm. E-mail email@example.com or call 537-6480. 60 Middle Road, Warwick.
• Warwick Seventh-day Adventist Church: Join us for a meal at 6pm; prayer/family ministry follows at 7pm. Contact: 236-2813 or sdachurchwarwick.org. 92 South Road, Warwick.
• Bright Temple AME Church: Community Bible study at noon and 7.30pm with Intercessory prayer at 7pm.
• Catalyst Men’s Fellowship: Bible reflection from 1pm to 2pm second Wednesday each month at Cathedral Hall, Church Street.
• Church of Christ Paget: Join us at 7pm at Bermuda College in Brock Hall, (the room across from Coco Reef), for Bible class.
• Church of God of Prophecy: Join us for Bible study at 7.30pm. District overseer is Bishop Earl W. McKay. 3 Curving Avenue, Pembroke. 335-0984.
• Grace Methodist Church: Join us between 5pm and 7pm for fun and games with Quinton Mallory. 167 North Shore Road, Pembroke.
• Hamilton Seventh-day Adventist Church: All are welcome at our prayer meeting at 6.30pm. Call 292-7885.
• Heard Chapel AME Church: Join us for our midweek prayer meeting and Bible study at 7pm at 42 Glebe Road, Pembroke.
• House of Prayer International Ministries: Join us for our weekly Bible class at 7.30pm at 25 Marsh Folly Road, Pembroke.
• Mt Zion AME Church: Weekly Bible study at 12pm and 7.30pm 2 Mt Zion Lane, Whale Bay Road, Southampton. mtzion.bm
• Richard Allen AME Church: Join our Bible class at 7.30pm at 23 Queen Street, St George’s. Call 297-0239.
• St Andrew’s Presbyterian Church: Join us for Bible study every Wednesday except the first of each month in the parlour in Astwood Hall at 5.30pm. Led by our pastor, Rev Judith Gardner.
• St John’s Anglican Church: Join our prayer meeting at 1pm. St John’s Road, Pembroke.
• The First Church of God: Join a TLC Bible study for worshippers of all ages at 7.30pm at 75 Sound View Road, Sandys.
• Widows’ Fellowship Group: Every second Wednesday from 4pm to 6pm at Bethel AME Church. Contact Hope Lowe on 297-2101 and 704-3077.
• Bahá’í Faith: Weekly discourse on the betterment of Bermuda spiritually, socially, educationally and intellectually. From 7pm-8.30pm at Bahá’í National Centre. Contact Wayne Symonds on 516-9672 or Anthony Ball on 293-2517.
• Bermuda Islamic Cultural Centre: Islam In Focus. Tune to ZBM radio 1340 AM, 6.15pm to 7pm for Islamic news, world affairs, Holy Koran teachings.
• Grace Methodist Church: Join us for Bible study from 2pm-3pm with Lay Pastoral Minister Dr Gwyneth Lightbourne at 167 North Shore Road.
• Mt Zion AME Church: Bible study in the city with Rev Jahkimmo Smith. Bring your Bible, lunch, co-worker and your questions. 12.15pm to 1pm at St Andrew’s Presbyterian Church Hall.
• Nehemiah Bible Conference Institute Revival Assembly: Weekly at 23 Ewing Street, 7.30pm to 9pm. Call 238-5983.
• African Hebrew Israelites: New World classes on the African Edenic Presence in the Bible and the Holy Land at Dellwood Middle School from 6.30pm to 8.30pm. Phone 294-4134.
• Heard Chapel AME Church: Youth meetings at 7pm at 42 Glebe Road.
• Marsden First United Methodist Church: All are invited to attend our youth night from 6pm-9pm 151 South Shore Road, Smith’s. firstname.lastname@example.org or on Facebook.
• St Luke AME Church: Join our Men’s Bible study at 6pm. It’s a time of fellowship, fun and learning — growing through the sharing and understanding of God’s word. Contact: 799-5320 or email@example.com. 14 Lighthouse Hill, St David’s.
• Warwick Seventh-day Adventist Church: Join us for family ministry at 92 South Road, Warwick at 6pm. Call: 236-2813 or sdachurchwarwick.org
E-mail firstname.lastname@example.org every Thursday before noon with any notices you would like featured. Put “Around The Churches” as the subject.
Minibus driver: I did not provoke attack
Phoenix halts imports of foreign newspapers
Bermudian relives horror of Nairobi attack
Russell and Dutranoit break records
A ‘substantial’ change to Bermuda’s future
Kampf romps to fifth title on return
Visitor to run Bermuda Triangle for charity
Wear red on Monday to reject violence
PLP backtracks on ‘land grabs’
Tributes paid to RBR soldier killed in crash
Drink-driver falls off his bike twice
Social-media feud led to Steede murder
Children as young as 11 exposed to porn
Jetting into the island
Online opportunity beckons for retailers
Woman arrested after crash
Take Our Poll
- "Your new year's resolutions for 2019"
- Quit smoking
- Quit drinking/drink in moderation
- Do not drink and drive
- Lose weight
- Stop procrastinating
- Drive with greater care
- Total Votes: 2607
- Poll Archive