Around the churches
• Church of God of Prophecy: Invites you to their Women’s Conference at 9.30am starting with breakfast. A workshop follows at 10.30am when the guest speaker will be Pastor Shannel Burrows of West Pembroke Pentecostal Assembly. Join us also tomorrow for services at 11am and 4.30pm. For more information telephone 335-0084. 3 Curving Avenue, Pembroke.
• Koinonia Training Centre, Bermuda: Join us for “Bible Study Methods: Thompson Chain Reference Bible” with Dr Howard Smith of King Priest Ministries, Southampton. 8.45am until 4pm. Admission $100, audit and guest. Registration required: email@example.com. The Berkeley Institute staff lounge. 26 Berkeley Road, Pembroke.
• First Church of God: Join us as we celebrate our annual Youth Day at 11am with guest speaker Rachael Little of First Church of God, North Shore. Rasheeda Burgess of St Luke’s AME Church, St David’s, will speak at 4.30pm. 31 Angle Street, Pembroke.
• St Peter’s Church: Join us at 11am for our Remembrance Day service and, at 3pm, the ringing of the church bell. 33 Duke of York Street, St George’s.
• Bright Temple AME Church: Join us for a pre-Thanksgiving takeout supper from 5pm until 7pm. $25 per plate. 28 Spring Hill, Warwick.
• St Mary’s Church: Join us for our annual Christmas fair in the church hall from 10am until 4pm. There will be lots of stalls, children’s games and a fun castle. 2 St Mary’s Road, Warwick.
• Women Aglow Int: Please join our fellowship worship service at 9.45am when the topic will be “21st-Century Game Changers”. Light refreshments will be served. All are welcome. For more information contact Brenda Webb on 293-0955. Astwood Hall, Church Street, Hamilton.
• Cobbs Hill Methodist Church: Join us as we celebrate our 191st anniversary with the theme, “From History to Prophesy”. Elder Clarence Dill of Cobbs Hill Methodist Church will speak at 9.30am; Pastor Dean Smith of Open Door Christian Assembly will speak at 4pm. 6 Moonlight Lane, Warwick.
• St Philip AME Church: Join us at 7.30pm for a one-night revival with Rev Dr Madeline Hayward of First Church of God, Angle Street. 102 Harrington Sound Road, Smith’s.
• Chapel of Ease Anglican Church: Annual Thanksgiving supper at the church hall beginning 4pm. Meals are $20 for adults, $10 for children. Take-outs are also available. For more information: 297-1217. 20 Chapel of Ease Road, South Side, St. David’s.
• St James Anglican Church:Join us and St Michael’s Chapel in St James’ Parish Hall for our annual Thanksgiving dinner, starting at 4pm. Diners are welcome to eat in or take away. Tickets, $25. 90 Main Road, Sandys.
• Marsden First United Methodist Church: All are invited to our annual Men’s Day celebrations. At 9am, a men’s only codfish breakfast and forum featuring Rev Dr Joseph Whalen Jr, Pastor Terrance Stovell and Elder Thomas Smith. Join us also for our Men’s Day service at 10.30am tomorrow with guest speaker Chris Crumpler. 151 South Road, Smith’s.
• Grace Methodist Church: All are welcome to our “100 Women in White” service at 3.30pm with guest speaker Rev Judith Gardner of St Andrew’s Presbyterian Church. 167 North Shore Road, Pembroke.
• St Philip AME Church: Join our Women’s Day celebrations. Jeanann Stovell, of Better Covenant Christian Fellowship, will speak at 11am. Lunch will follow in Friendship Hall. Donation, $20. Rev Ruth VanLowe Smith, of Bethel AME Church, will speak at 4pm. Refreshments will follow in Friendship Hall. 102 Harrington Sound Road, Smith’s.
• Somerset Methodist Church: Join us at 11am for our harvest Thanksgiving celebration with guest speaker Leo Mills. Somerset Brigade Band will also be in attendance. 38 Long Bay Lane, Sandys.
• The Salvation Army: Join us at the Christmas Kettle Kickoff from 12.30pm until 1.30pm. Any gifts will be directed towards our Christmas Hamper Programme. We’re also looking for people to ring bells in Hamilton throughout December. Call 292-0601. Nellie’s Walk, City Hall.
• St Philip AME Church: Join us for our Fun and Talent Night, a relaxing evening starting at 7pm. 102 Harrington Sound Road, Smith’s.
• Saint Andrew’s Presbyterian Church: Pre-Christmas table sale featuring gifts, baked goods and refreshments from 9am until 4pm. To reserve a table: 236-0188 or firstname.lastname@example.org. Astwood Hall, corner of Church and Court Streets, Hamilton.
• Warwick Seventh-day Adventist Church: Join us for our bilingual worship (Spanish/English) in Fellowship Hall at 6.30pm 92 South Shore Road. Call 236-0077 or 537-4857.
• BJ Ministries International: Join us every fourth Saturday for our Sharing and Caring, Sister to Sister meeting at Radnor Road Christian Fellowship, North Shore Rd, Hamilton Parish from 10am to 1pm. Call 238-7453.
• Grace Methodist Church: The church is open from 10am to 11am for personal prayer and praise. 167 North Shore Road, Pembroke.
• Hamilton Seventh-day Adventist Church: Come worship with us at 43 King Street, Hamilton. Sabbath school starts at 9.15am and at 11am, divine worship. Call: 292-7885.
• Iglesia Adventista del Septimo DIA: Culto divino at 10am with Ministerio Hermandad. Escuela sabatica at 11.30am 92 South Road, Warwick. Contact: 236-2813 or sdachurchwarwick.org/ministerio-hermandad
• New Testament Church of God Healing Centre: All are welcome to attend our Free Mart every second Saturday each month at 84 Somerset Road. 8am-3pm.
• St Luke AME Church: Join our intercessory prayer ministry at 14 Lighthouse Hill, St David’s from 5.30am to 9am and at 6.30pm to pray for our leaders, for the Lord’s direction for our church, and other specific prayer requests. Contact: email@example.com or firstname.lastname@example.org
• Warwick Seventh-day Adventist Church: Join us for family ministry at 92 South Road, Warwick at 6pm. For more information: 236-2813 or sdachurchwarwick.org/ministerio-hermandad
• Widows fellowship group: Every third Saturday from 4.30pm to 6pm at Vernon Temple. Call 297-2101 or 704-3077.
• Bahá’ís of Bermuda: All are welcome to join our devotional gatherings at the Bahá’í National Centre in Hamilton (entrance on Brunswick St) at 11am on the first Sunday of every month. Call: 292-2723, 293-3517 or www.bahai.org.
• Bright Temple AME Church: Sunday morning broadcast on Inspire 105 at 6.30am and Amazing Grace with Rev Dr Erskine Simmons at 8am. Sunday school at 9am with Sunday worship service at 10am. 28 Spring Hill, Warwick.
• Centenary United Methodist Church: Invites you to our 11am worship service with Rev Dick Stetler; organist, Sheila Smith. Corner of Collector’s Hill and South Shore Road, Smith’s.
• Church of Christ Paget: Join us in Hallett Hall, Bermuda College for Sunday school at 10am and our worship services at 11am and 4.45pm. All are welcome.
• Church of God of Prophecy: Join our Sunday school at 9.45am and our 11am worship service. District overseer is Bishop Earl McKay. 3 Curving Avenue, Pembroke. Call 335-0984.
• Discovering Christianity Fellowship: Join us at 1.30pm in the Royal Caribbean Room at BUEI. Call 335-2916 or 238-8010.
• Ebenezer Methodist Church: Children of all ages are invited to join us for Sunday school at 11am at 7 York Street, St George’s.
• Emmanuel Baptist Church: Join us for our 11am services at 35 Dundonald Street, Hamilton.
• Grace Methodist Church: Join us for Sunday school at 9.30am and morning worship at 11am with Reverend D’Wain Wales. The topic will be “A Weapon of Peace” and the text from 2 Timothy 2:3-7. 167 North Shore Road, Pembroke.
• Greater Love Christian Fellowship: Invites you to join us at Heritage Worship Centre from 8am until 9.15am. We provide love and care through sharing each other’s needs, burdens and joys. 59 Dundonald Street, Hamilton.
• Heard Chapel AME Church: Join us for church school at 9.45am and our 11am and 4pm services when the guest speaker will be Rev Conway Simmons. The scripture will be Mark 12: 38-44. 42 Glebe Road, Pembroke.
• House of Prayer International Ministries: Join us for our weekly praise and worship service at 11.15am at 25 Marsh Folly Road, Pembroke.
• Marsden First United Methodist Church: All are invited to attend our 10.30am worship service with Pastor Joseph Whalen. Darryl Simons is the minister of music with Tony Cox, Derrick Simmons and Dennis Francis of the Praise Band. 151 South Shore Road, Smith’s. Call: 293-7045, email@example.com or facebook.com/FirstUnitedMethodistChurch
• Richard Allen AME Church: Join us for church school at 9.30am and worship and praise service at 11am at 23 Queen Street, St George’s. Call 297-0239.
• St Anne’s Anglican Church: All are invited to join us for family Eucharist and Act of Remembrance at 10.30am when our congregation members will wear red. Join us again, at 3pm, for the ringing of church bells, reading of the fallen and prayers. We will also commemorate the 100th anniversary of the signing of the Armistice at this time. Corner of South and Church Roads, Southampton.
• St James Anglican Church: Join our 10.30am service when the Right Reverend Nicholas Dill will officiate as the church celebrates Harvest Sunday and Pray Day. 90 Main Road, Sandys.
• St Luke AME Church: Join us at our 11am service. Contact: 737-7804 or mgburg@bless ed.bm. 14 Lighthouse Hill, St David’s.
• St Philip AME Church: Join us for church school at 9.30am. Call: 293-0882.
• Somerset Seventh-day Adventist Church: A free giveaway of clothing on the fourth Sunday of each month from noon to 4pm at 6 Beacon Hill, Sandys.
• Southampton Seventh-day Adventist Church: Community giveaway of clothing, food and shoes every third Sunday of the month from 1-4pm at Fellowship Hall on Middle Road, Southampton. Call: 238-1080 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
• The Salvation Army: All are welcome to join our services at 11am and 6pm at 6 Governor’s Alley, St George’s.
• The Way Ministry Church: Join Pastor Wayne Butterfield for a gathering of believers and unbelievers to pray, worship and share the word of God 10am until 12pm in the staff room of the new Berkeley Institute. Call: 232-0188, 336-9742 or email@example.com.
• Wesley Methodist Church: Worship service will be held at 9.30am in order that all may attend the traditional Remembrance Day observances in front of Cabinet House. Rev Meredith Fraser will deliver a special Remembrance Day message to mark the 100th anniversary of Armistice Day. All are welcome. 41 Church Street, Hamilton. Call: 292-0418.
• Church of God of Prophecy: Join Prayer First Mondays at 7pm. District overseer is Bishop Earl W. McKay. 3 Curving Avenue, Pembroke. 335-0984.
• First Church of God: A TLC Institute Community School, Monday to Friday from 8.30am to 2.30pm on Sound View Road, Sandys. Call: 234-0492 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
• St Anne’s Anglican Church: Open for viewing from 10am and 12pm. View their stained-glass windows and handcrafted Bermuda cedar furniture. Their commemorative 400th anniversary stained glass window tells the story of the area history. All are welcome. Corner of South and Church Roads, Southampton.
• St Andrew’s Presbyterian Church: Prayer group in the sanctuary, from 12.45pm to 1.15pm. The group meets on the first and third Monday of each month on the corner of Church and Court Streets.
• New Life Church of the Nazarene: Prayer and Bible study at Collector’s Hill, Smith’s, at 7pm.
• St Luke AME Church: Invites you to our weekly Bible study at 7pm. We encourage you to bring your Bible, pen, paper and an open heart to hear God’s word. Contact: 737-7804 or email@example.com. 14 Lighthouse Hill, St. David’s.
• St Philip AME Church: Join us for Bible study from 7pm to 8.30pm at 102 Harrington Sound Road, Smith’s. Call 293-0882.
• The Bermuda Bible Institute: A Bible study at TN Tatem Middle School, 7pm to 8pm. E-mail firstname.lastname@example.org or call 537-6480. 60 Middle Road, Warwick.
• Warwick Seventh-day Adventist Church: Join us for a meal at 6pm; prayer/family ministry follows at 7pm. Contact: 236-2813 or sdachurchwarwick.org. 92 South Road, Warwick.
• Bright Temple AME Church: Community Bible study at noon and 7.30pm with Intercessory prayer at 7pm.
• Catalyst Men’s Fellowship: Bible reflection from 1pm to 2pm second Wednesday each month at Cathedral Hall, Church Street.
• Church of Christ Paget: Join us at 7pm at Bermuda College in Brock Hall, (the room across from Coco Reef), for Bible class.
• Church of God of Prophecy: Join us for Bible study at 7.30pm. District overseer is Bishop Earl W. McKay. 3 Curving Avenue, Pembroke. 335-0984.
• Grace Methodist Church: Join us between 5pm and 7pm for fun and games with Quinton Mallory. 167 North Shore Road, Pembroke.
• Hamilton Seventh-day Adventist Church: All are welcome at our prayer meeting at 6.30pm. Call 292-7885.
• Heard Chapel AME Church: Join us for our midweek prayer meeting and Bible study at 7pm at 42 Glebe Road, Pembroke.
• House of Prayer International Ministries: Join us for our weekly Bible class at 7.30pm at 25 Marsh Folly Road, Pembroke.
• Mt Zion AME Church: Weekly Bible study at 12pm and 7.30pm 2 Mt Zion Lane, Whale Bay Road, Southampton. mtzion.bm
• Richard Allen AME Church: Join our Bible class at 7.30pm at 23 Queen Street, St George’s. Call 297-0239.
• St Andrew’s Presbyterian Church: Join us for Bible study every Wednesday except the first of each month in the parlour in Astwood Hall at 5.30pm. Led by our pastor, Rev Judith Gardner.
• St John’s Anglican Church: Join our prayer meeting at 1pm. St John’s Road, Pembroke.
• The First Church of God: Join a TLC Bible study for worshippers of all ages at 7.30pm at 75 Sound View Road, Sandys.
• Widows’ Fellowship Group: Every second Wednesday from 4pm to 6pm at Bethel AME Church. Contact Hope Lowe on 297-2101 and 704-3077.
• Bahá’í Faith: Weekly discourse on the betterment of Bermuda spiritually, socially, educationally and intellectually. From 7pm-8.30pm at Bahá’í National Centre. Contact Wayne Symonds on 516-9672 or Anthony Ball on 293-2517.
• Bermuda Islamic Cultural Centre: Islam In Focus. Tune to ZBM radio 1340 AM, 6.15pm to 7pm for Islamic news, world affairs, Holy Koran teachings.
• Grace Methodist Church: Join us for Bible study from 2pm-3pm with Lay Pastoral Minister Dr Gwyneth Lightbourne at 167 North Shore Road.
• Mt Zion AME Church: Bible study in the city with Rev Jahkimmo Smith. Bring your Bible, lunch, co-worker and your questions. 12.15pm to 1pm at St Andrew’s Presbyterian Church Hall.
• Nehemiah Bible Conference Institute Revival Assembly: Weekly at 23 Ewing Street, 7.30pm to 9pm. Call 238-5983.
• African Hebrew Israelites: New World classes on the African Edenic Presence in the Bible and the Holy Land at Dellwood Middle School from 6.30pm to 8.30pm. Phone 294-4134.
• Heard Chapel AME Church: Youth meetings at 7pm at 42 Glebe Road.
• Marsden First United Methodist Church: All are invited to attend our youth night from 6pm-9pm 151 South Shore Road, Smith’s. email@example.com or on Facebook.
• St Luke AME Church: Join our Men’s Bible study at 6pm. It’s a time of fellowship, fun and learning — growing through the sharing and understanding of God’s word. Contact: 799-5320 or firstname.lastname@example.org. 14 Lighthouse Hill, St David’s.
• Warwick Seventh-day Adventist Church: Join us for family ministry at 92 South Road, Warwick at 6pm. Call: 236-2813 or sdachurchwarwick.org
• e-mail email@example.com every Thursday before noon with any notices you would like featured. Put “Around The Churches” as the subject
New digital asset business seeks 16 staff
‘Hate’ to say, I told you so
Child expert urges House to reject amendment
Going strong: Archie not the retiring type
House: auditor concern over accounts
Fireworks expected in year-end House sitting
Take Our Poll