Around the churches
• Women Aglow Int: Join us at 9.45am when Evangelist Patricia Hall of Christ Church Devonshire will speak on the theme ‘The Glory of God’, based on John 11:40. Light refreshments will be served. Astwood Hall, Church Street, Hamilton. For more information call Brenda Webb on 293-0955.
• St Mark’s Church Guild: Bingo and spaghetti supper at 6pm in the parish hall. Tickets, $12, include one Bingo ticket. Contact Barbara Willis on 747-8893. 53 South Road, Smith’s.
• Bright Temple AME Church: Join our Men’s Day celebrations at 7.30pm when Rev Nicholas Tweed of St Paul AME Church will speak on the theme ‘Increasing the Yield’ based on Luke 15:7-8. 28 Spring Hill, Warwick.
• Bright Temple AME Church: Join our Men’s Day celebrations when Rev Dr Larry Dixon, Presiding Elder of the Bermuda Conference and Pastor of St. Philip AME Church, will speak at 7.30pm on the theme ‘Increasing the Yield’ based on Luke 15:7-8. 28 Spring Hill, Warwick.
• Devonshire Seventh-day Adventist Church: Join us as we begin a nine-week seminar, ‘Debt is a Thief, Take Back Your Life’. Registration fee, $100. For more information, email@example.com, 292-1578 or www.dclove.org. Every Thursday at 6pm until March 6. Corner of Roberts Avenue and Friswells Hill.
• Allen Temple AME Church: 100 Men’s Fellowship Breakfast in the Allen Temple Youth Centre at 8am with Rev Terry Hassell of Heard Chapel AME Church. Tickets, $20, available at the door. 2 Temple Lane Sandys.
• Bright Temple AME Church: Appreciation luncheon honouring Rev Dr Erskine Simmons, a founding member of Bright Temple. Tickets, $50 adults, $20 for children under 14, can be purchased from Rev Charles Smith on 704-4799. Noon in Bethany Hall, 28 Spring Hill, Warwick.
• Bright Temple AME Church: Join our Men’s Day celebrations when Rev Dr Vernon Byrd Jr., senior Pastor of St. Matthew AME Church, Philadelphia. will speak at 10am and 3.30pm. 28 Spring Hill, Warwick.
• BJ Ministries International: Join us every fourth Saturday for our ‘Sharing and Caring, Sister to Sister’ meeting from 10am to 1pm. For more information, call 238-7453. Radnor Road Christian Fellowship, North Shore Road, Hamilton Parish.
• Grace Methodist Church: The church is open from 10am to 11am for personal prayer and praise when Rev D’Wain Wales will be available. 167 North Shore Road, Pembroke.
• Hamilton Seventh-day Adventist Church: Come worship with us at 43 King Street, Hamilton. Sabbath school starts at 9.15am and at 11am, divine worship. Call: 292-7885.
• Iglesia Adventista del Septimo DIA: Culto Divino at 10am with Ministerio Hermandad. Escuela sabatica at 11.30am 92 South Road, Warwick. Contact: 236-2813 or sdachurchwarwick.org/ministerio-hermandad
• New Testament Church of God Healing Centre: All are welcome to attend our Free Mart every second Saturday each month at 84 Somerset Road. 8am until 3pm.
• St Luke AME Church: Join our intercessory prayer ministry at 14 Lighthouse Hill, St David’s from 5.30am to 9am and at 6.30pm to pray for our leaders, for the Lord’s direction for our church, and other specific prayer requests. Contact: firstname.lastname@example.org or email@example.com
• Warwick Seventh-day Adventist Church: Join us for our bilingual worship (Spanish/ English) in Fellowship Hall at 10am 92 South Shore Road. Call 236-0077 or 537-4857.
• Widows’ fellowship group: Every third Saturday from 4.30pm to 6pm at Vernon Temple. Call 297-2101 or 704-3077.
• Bahá’ís of Bermuda: Every first Sunday devotional gathering at 11.15am. Geared towards building vibrant communities for a better Bermuda and a better world — spiritually, socially, educationally. Call: 292-2723 or e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org. All are welcome. Bahá’í National Centre, 8 Brunswick Street, Hamilton.
• Bright Temple AME Church: Sunday morning broadcast on Inspire 105 at 6.30am and Amazing Grace with Rev Dr Erskine Simmons at 8am. Sunday school at 9am with Sunday service at 10am. 28 Spring Hill, Warwick.
• Centenary United Methodist Church: Invites you to our 11am worship service with Rev Dick Stetler; organist, Sheila Smith. Corner of Collector’s Hill and South Shore Road, Smith’s.
• Church of Christ Paget: Join us in Hallett Hall, Bermuda College for Sunday school at 10am and our worship services at 11am and 4.45pm. All are welcome.
• Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints: Join us for our 10.30am sacrament meeting. 15 Wilkinson Avenue, Hamilton Parish (next to Crystal Caves).
• Church of God of Prophecy: Join our Sunday school at 9.45am and our 11am worship service. District overseer is Bishop Earl McKay. 3 Curving Avenue, Pembroke. Call 335-0984.
• Discovering Christianity Fellowship: Join us at 1.30pm in the Royal Caribbean Room at BUEI. Call 335-2916 or 238-8010.
• Ebenezer Methodist Church: Children of all ages are invited to join us for Sunday school at 11am. 7 York Street, St George’s.
• Emmanuel Baptist Church: Join us for our 11am services. 35 Dundonald Street, Hamilton.
• Grace Methodist Church: Join us for Sunday school at 9.30am and morning worship at 11am with Reverend D’Wain Wales. 167 North Shore Road, Pembroke.
• Greater Love Christian Fellowship: Invites you to join us at Heritage Worship Centre from 8am until 9.15am. We provide love and care through sharing each other’s needs, burdens and joys. 59 Dundonald Street, Hamilton.
• Heard Chapel AME Church: Join us at 9.45am for church school and our 11am service with Rev Terry Hassell. The scripture will be Isaiah 43:1-7 and the topic, ‘God is Always With You’. 42 Glebe Road, Pembroke.
• House of Prayer International Ministries: Join us for our weekly worship service at 11.15am at 25 Marsh Folly Road, Pembroke.
• Marsden First United Methodist Church: All are invited to attend our 10.30am worship service with Pastor Joseph Whalen. Darryl Simons is the minister of music with Tony Cox, Derrick Simmons and Dennis Francis of the Praise Band. 151 South Shore Road, Smith’s. Call: 293-7045, email@example.com or facebook.com/FirstUnitedMethodistChurch
• Richard Allen AME Church: Join us for church school at 9.30am and worship and praise service at 11am at 23 Queen Street, St George’s. Call 297-0239.
• St Anne’s Anglican Church: Join us for Family Eucharist at 10.30am when we observe Epiphany 2: Baptism of Christ. All are welcome. Corner of South and Church Roads, Southampton.
• St James Anglican Church: Extends an invitation to their weekly services, which commence at 10.30am. 90 Main Road, Sandys.
• St Luke AME Church: Join us at our 11am service. Contact: 737-7804 or firstname.lastname@example.org. 14 Lighthouse Hill, St David’s.
• St Philip AME Church: Join us for church school at 9.30am. Call: 293-0882.
• Somerset Seventh-day Adventist Church: A free giveaway of clothing on the fourth Sunday of each month from noon to 4pm at 6 Beacon Hill, Sandys.
• Southampton Seventh-day Adventist Church: Community giveaway of clothing, food and shoes every third Sunday of the month from 1pm until 4pm at Fellowship Hall on Middle Road, Southampton. Call: 238-1080 or email@example.com.
• The Salvation Army: All are welcome to join our services at 11am and 6pm at 6 Governor’s Alley, St George’s.
• The Way Ministry Church: Join Pastor Wayne Butterfield for a gathering of believers and unbelievers to pray, worship and share the word of God 10am until 12pm in the staff room of the new Berkeley Institute. Call: 232-0188, 336-9742 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
• Wesley Methodist Church: Join us for Sunday school at 10.45am. All are also welcome to join us at 11am with Reverend Meredith Fraser. 41 Church Street.
• Church of God of Prophecy: Join Prayer First Mondays at 7pm. District overseer is Bishop Earl W. McKay. 3 Curving Avenue, Pembroke. 335-0984.
• First Church of God: A TLC Institute Community School, Monday to Friday from 8.30am to 2.30pm on Sound View Road, Sandys. Call: 234-0492 or email@example.com.
• St Anne’s Anglican Church: Open for viewing from 10am and 12pm. View their stained-glass windows and handcrafted Bermuda cedar furniture. Their commemorative 400th anniversary stained glass window tells the story of the area history. All are welcome. Corner of South and Church Roads, Southampton.
• St Andrew’s Presbyterian Church: Prayer group in the sanctuary, from 12.45pm to 1.15pm. The group meets on the first and third Monday of each month on the corner of Church and Court Streets.
• New Life Church of the Nazarene: Prayer and Bible study at Collectors Hill, Smith’s, at 7pm.
• St Luke AME Church: Invites you to our weekly Bible study at 7pm. We encourage you to bring your Bible, pen, paper and an open heart to hear God’s word. Contact: 737-7804 or firstname.lastname@example.org. 14 Lighthouse Hill, St David’s.
• St Philip AME Church: Join us for Bible study from 7pm to 8.30pm at 102 Harrington Sound Road, Smith’s. Call 293-0882.
• The Bermuda Bible Institute: A Bible study at TN Tatem Middle School, 7pm to 8pm. E-mail email@example.com or call 537-6480. 60 Middle Road, Warwick.
• Warwick Seventh-day Adventist Church: Join us for a meal at 6pm; prayer/family ministry follows at 7pm. Contact: 236-2813 or sdachurchwarwick.org. 92 South Road, Warwick.
• Bright Temple AME Church: Community Bible study at noon and 7.30pm with Intercessory prayer at 7pm.
• Catalyst Men’s Fellowship: Bible reflection from 1pm to 2pm second Wednesday each month at Cathedral Hall, Church Street.
• Church of Christ Paget: Join us at 7pm at Bermuda College in Brock Hall, (the room across from Coco Reef), for Bible class.
• Church of God of Prophecy: Join us for Bible study at 7.30pm. District overseer is Bishop Earl W. McKay. 3 Curving Avenue, Pembroke. 335-0984.
• Grace Methodist Church: Join us between 5pm and 7pm for fun and games with Quinton Mallory. 167 North Shore Road, Pembroke.
• Hamilton Seventh-day Adventist Church: All are welcome at our prayer meeting at 6.30pm. Call 292-7885.
• House of Prayer International Ministries: Join us for our weekly Bible class at 7.30pm at 25 Marsh Folly Road, Pembroke.
• Mt Zion AME Church: Weekly Bible study at 12pm and 7.30pm 2 Mt Zion Lane, Whale Bay Road, Southampton. mtzion.bm
• Richard Allen AME Church: Join our Bible class at 7.30pm at 23 Queen Street, St George’s. Call 297-0239.
• St Andrew’s Presbyterian Church: Join us for Bible study every Wednesday except the first of each month in the parlour in Astwood Hall at 5.30pm. Led by our pastor, Rev Judith Gardner.
• St John’s Anglican Church: Join our prayer meeting at 1pm. St John’s Road, Pembroke.
• The First Church of God: Join a TLC Bible study for worshippers of all ages at 7.30pm at 75 Sound View Road, Sandys.
• Widows’ Fellowship Group: Every second Wednesday from 4pm to 6pm at Bethel AME Church. Contact Hope Lowe on 297-2101 and 704-3077.
• Heard Chapel: Join us for our midweek prayer meeting and Bible study at 7pm. 42 Glebe Road, Pembroke.
• Bahá’í Faith Firesides: Weekly discourses and discussions on familiar subjects of importance and interest to the community at large. A spiritual enlightenment series will take place biweekly, until February 7 (except December 27). From 7pm-8.30pm. Call 292-2723 or e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org for further information. All are welcome. Bahá’í National Centre, 8 Brunswick Street, Hamilton. • Bermuda Islamic Cultural Centre: Islam In Focus. Tune in to ZBM radio 1340 AM, 6.15pm to 7pm for Islamic news, world affairs, Holy Koran teachings.
• Grace Methodist Church: Join us for Bible study from 2pm to 3pm with Lay Pastoral Minister Dr Gwyneth Lightbourne at 167 North Shore Road.
• Mt Zion AME Church: Bible study in the city with Rev Jahkimmo Smith. Bring a Bible, lunch, co-worker and your questions. 12.15pm to 1pm at St Andrew’s Presbyterian Church Hall.
• Nehemiah Bible Conference Institute Revival Assembly: Weekly at 23 Ewing Street, 7.30pm to 9pm. Call 238-5983.
• African Hebrew Israelites: New World classes on the African Edenic Presence in the Bible and the Holy Land at Dellwood Middle School from 6.30pm to 8.30pm. Phone 294-4134.
• Heard Chapel: Join our youth meetings at 7pm. 42 Glebe Road, Pembroke.
• Marsden First United Methodist Church: All are invited to attend our youth night from 6pm-9pm 151 South Shore Road, Smith’s. email@example.com or on Facebook.
• St Luke AME Church: Join our Men’s Bible study at 6.30pm. It’s a time of fellowship — growing through the sharing and understanding of God’s word. Contact: 799-5320 or firstname.lastname@example.org. 14 Lighthouse Hill, St David’s.
• Warwick Seventh-day Adventist Church: Join us for family ministry at 92 South Road, Warwick at 6pm. Call: 236-2813 or sdachurchwarwick.org
• E-mail email@example.com every Thursday before noon with any notices you would like featured with the subject “Around The Churches”.
Chocolate bars to be hit with 75% sugar tax
Rate of child-on-child sex assaults revealed
Brown patients demand return of records
Finding peace in faith and entrepreneurship
Time for change at Belco
Groundbreaking book in a digital age
Take Our Poll