Around the churches
• Chapel-of-Ease Church: Join the St David’s Guild for a car boot sale at the church hall. White elephant, crafts, bake goods, lunch and Portuguese doughnuts also on sale from 10am until 3pm. For more information: 297-1217 or 297-1040. 5 Chapel-of-Ease Road, St David’s.
• St Mark’s Anglican Church: “A Celebration of Candlemas in Music and Prayer” at 6pm. Relax and enjoy some gentle music, sing some hymns and hear Canon Anne Hines tell the story. Admission is free but a collection will be gathered for our organ fund. 53 South Road, Smith’s.
• Devonshire Seventh-day Adventist Church: Join our nine-week seminar, “Debt is a Thief, Take Back Your Life”. Registration fee, $100. For more information: email@example.com, 292-1578 or www.dclove.org. Every Thursday at 6pm until March 6. Corner of Roberts Avenue and Friswells Hill, Devonshire.
• Women Aglow Int: Join us at 9.45am when the topic, “21st Century Game Changers”, will be led by the Aglow executive members. The theme, “The Glory of God”, is based on John 11:40. Light refreshments will be served. Astwood Hall, Church Street, Hamilton. For more information, call Brenda Webb on 293-0955.
• St Luke AME Church: Join us for God’s Love Gospel Explosion, an inspirational concert featuring entertainers from various churches across the island. Tickets — $50 general admission, $30 children — can be bought at ptix.bm, People’s Pharmacy, Kit n Caboodle, St David’s Esso Gas Station and at the door. Show starts 7pm. For more information: 297-1564 or firstname.lastname@example.org. Ruth Seaton James Centre for the Performing Arts.
• Allen Temple AME Church: Men’s Day services at 8am and 11am with Rev Dr D.K. Allen, pastor of Bethel Tabernacle AME Church, Brooklyn NY. Sound View Road, Sandys.
• Somerset Methodist Church: Join us for our annual Women’s Day service at 4pm. Guest speaker, Elder Patricia Armstrong of House of Prayer Ministries. 38 Long Bay Lane, Sandys.
• BJ Ministries International: Join us every fourth Saturday for our “Sharing and Caring, Sister to Sister” meeting from 10am to 1pm. For more information, call 238-7453. Radnor Road Christian Fellowship, North Shore Road, Hamilton Parish.
• Grace Methodist Church: The church is open from 10am to 11am for personal prayer and praise when Rev D’Wain Wales will be available. 167 North Shore Road, Pembroke.
• Hamilton Seventh-day Adventist Church: Sabbath school starts at 9.15am; divine worship at 11am. Call 292-7885. 43 King Street, Hamilton.
• Iglesia Adventista del Septimo DIA: Culto Divino at 10am with Ministerio Hermandad, escuela Sabatica at 11.30am. Contact: 236-2813 or sdachurchwarwick.org/ministerio-hermandad. 92 South Road, Warwick.
• New Testament Church of God Healing Centre: All are welcome to attend our Free Mart every second Saturday each month from 8am until 3pm. 84 Somerset Road, Sandys.
• St Luke AME Church: Join our intercessory prayer ministry from 5.30am to 9am and at 6.30pm to pray for our leaders, for the Lord’s direction for our church, and other specific prayer requests. Contact: email@example.com or firstname.lastname@example.org. 14 Lighthouse Hill, St David’s.
• Warwick Seventh-day Adventist Church: Join us for our bilingual worship (Spanish/ English) in Fellowship Hall at 10am. Call 236-0077 or 537-4857. 92 South Shore Road, Warwick.
• Widows’ fellowship group: Every third Saturday from 4.30pm to 6pm at Vernon Temple AME Church. Call 297-2101 or 704-3077. 6 Hawthorn Lane, Southampton.
• Bahá’ís of Bermuda: Every first Sunday devotional gathering at 11.15am. Geared towards building vibrant communities for a better Bermuda and a better world — spiritually, socially, educationally. Call: 292-2723 or e-mail email@example.com. All are welcome. Bahá’í National Centre, 8 Brunswick Street, Hamilton.
• Bright Temple AME Church: Sunday morning broadcast on Inspire 105 at 6.30am and Amazing Grace with Rev Dr Erskine Simmons at 8am. Sunday school at 9am with Sunday service at 10am. 28 Spring Hill, Warwick.
• Centenary United Methodist Church: Invites you to our 11am worship service with Rev Dick Stetler; organist, Sheila Smith. Corner of Collector’s Hill and South Shore Road, Smith’s.
• Christ Church, Warwick: Welcomes you to attend either our 8am or 11am service. A fellowship breakfast will be held after the 8am service. During the 11am service there is a crèche for babies and toddlers, and Sunday school for older children. An informal celebration of Holy Communion follows the 11am service with coffee, tea and refreshments served. 96 Middle Road, Warwick.
• Church of Christ Paget: Join us in Hallett Hall, Bermuda College for Sunday school at 10am and our worship services at 11am and 4.45pm. All are welcome.
• Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints: Join us for our 10.30am sacrament meeting. 15 Wilkinson Avenue, Hamilton Parish.
• Church of God of Prophecy: Join our Sunday school at 9.45am and our 11am worship service. District overseer is Bishop Earl McKay. Call 335-0984. 3 Curving Avenue, Pembroke.
• Discovering Christianity Fellowship: Join us at 1.30pm in the Royal Caribbean Room at BUEI. Call 335-2916 or 238-8010.
• Ebenezer Methodist Church: Children of all ages are invited to join us for Sunday school at 11am. 7 York Street, St George’s.
• Emmanuel Baptist Church: Join us for our 11am services. 35 Dundonald Street, Hamilton.
• Grace Methodist Church: Join us for Sunday school at 9.30am and morning worship at 11am with Reverend D’Wain Wales when our topic will be “A Circle or Triangle” and our text Romans 8: 35, 38 and 39. 167 North Shore Road, Pembroke.
• Greater Love Christian Fellowship: Invites you to join us at Heritage Worship Centre from 8am until 9.15am. We provide love and care through sharing each other’s needs, burdens and joys. 59 Dundonald Street, Hamilton.
• Heard Chapel AME Church: Join us at 9.45am for church school and at 11am for Communion with Rev Terry Hassell. The scripture will be Luke 4: 21-30 and the topic, “We Are All In This Together”. 42 Glebe Road, Pembroke.
• House of Prayer International Ministries: Join us for our weekly worship service at 11.15am. 25 Marsh Folly Road, Pembroke.
• Marsden First United Methodist Church: All are invited to attend our 10.30am worship service with Pastor Joseph Whalen. Darryl Simons is the minister of music with Tony Cox, Derrick Simmons and Dennis Francis of the Praise Band. Contact: 293-7045, firstname.lastname@example.org or facebook.com/FirstUnitedMethodistChurch. 151 South Shore Road, Smith’s.
• Richard Allen AME Church: Join us for church school at 9.30am and worship and praise service at 11am. 23 Queen Street, St George’s.
• St Anne’s Anglican Church: Join us for Family Eucharist at 10.30am. All are welcome. Corner of South and Church Roads, Southampton.
• St James Anglican Church: Extends an invitation to our 10.30am service. 90 Main Road, Sandys.
• St Luke AME Church: Join us at our 11am service. Contact: 737-7804 or email@example.com. 14 Lighthouse Hill, St David’s.
• St Philip AME Church: Join us for church school at 9.30am. Call: 293-0882. 100 Harrington Sound Road, Smith’s.
• Somerset Seventh-day Adventist Church: A free giveaway of clothing on the fourth Sunday of each month from noon to 4pm. 6 Beacon Hill, Sandys.
• Southampton Seventh-day Adventist Church: Community giveaway of clothing, food and shoes every third Sunday of the month from 1pm until 4pm. Contact: 238-1080 or firstname.lastname@example.org. 228 Middle Road, Southampton.
• The Salvation Army: All are welcome to join our services at 11am and 6pm. 6 Governor’s Alley, St George’s.
• The Way Ministry Church: Join Pastor Wayne Butterfield for a gathering of believers and unbelievers to pray, worship and share the word of God 10am until 12pm. Contact: 232-0188, 336-9742 or email@example.com. Staff room of the Berkeley Institute, 26 Berkeley Road, Pembroke.
• Wesley Methodist Church: Join us for Sunday school at 10.45am and our 11am worship service when Reverend Meredith Fraser will speak on “Becoming Me”. 41 Church Street, Hamilton.
• Church of God of Prophecy: Join Prayer First Mondays at 7pm. District overseer is Bishop Earl W. McKay. 335-0984. 3 Curving Avenue, Pembroke.
• First Church of God: A TLC Institute Community School, Monday to Friday from 8.30am to 2.30pm. Contact: 234-0492 or firstname.lastname@example.org. 75 Sound View Road, Sandys.
• St Anne’s Anglican Church: Open for viewing from 10am and 12pm. View their stained-glass windows and handcrafted Bermuda cedar furniture. Their commemorative 400th anniversary stained glass window tells the story of the area history. All are welcome. Corner of South and Church Roads, Southampton.
• St Andrew’s Presbyterian Church: Prayer group in the sanctuary, from 12.45pm to 1.15pm. The group meets on the first and third Monday of each month. Corner of Church and Court Streets.
• New Life Church of the Nazarene: Prayer and Bible study at 7pm. 3 Collector’s Hill, Smith’s.
• St Luke AME Church: Invites you to our weekly Bible study at 7pm. We encourage you to bring your Bible, pen, paper and an open heart to hear God’s word. Contact: 737-7804 or email@example.com. 14 Lighthouse Hill, St David’s.
• St Philip AME Church: Join us for Bible study from 7pm to 8.30pm. Call 293-0882. 102 Harrington Sound Road, Smith’s.
• The Bermuda Bible Institute: A Bible study at TN Tatem Middle School, 7pm to 8pm. E-mail firstname.lastname@example.org or call 537-6480. 60 Middle Road, Warwick.
• Warwick Seventh-day Adventist Church: Join us for a meal at 6pm; prayer/family ministry follows at 7pm. Contact: 236-2813 or sdachurchwarwick.org. 92 South Road, Warwick.
• Bright Temple AME Church: Community Bible study at noon and 7.30pm with intercessory prayer at 7pm. 28 Spring Hill, Warwick.
• Catalyst Men’s Fellowship: Bible reflection from 1pm to 2pm second Wednesday each month. Cathedral of the Most Holy Trinity. 29 Church Street, Hamilton.
• Christ Church, Warwick: Join us in the West Hall for coffee and a chat from 9.30am until 11.30am and, at 7.30pm, for Bible study. 96 Middle Road, Warwick.
• Church of Christ Paget: Join us at 7pm for Bible Class. Brock Hall, Bermuda College.
• Church of God of Prophecy: Join us for Bible study at 7.30pm. District overseer is Bishop Earl W. McKay. Call: 335-0984. 3 Curving Avenue, Pembroke.
• Grace Methodist Church: Join us between 5pm and 7pm for fun and games with Quinton Mallory. 167 North Shore Road, Pembroke.
• Hamilton Seventh-day Adventist Church: All are welcome at our prayer meeting at 6.30pm. Call: 292-7885. 43 King Street, Hamilton.
• House of Prayer International Ministries: Join us for our weekly Bible class at 7.30pm. 25 Marsh Folly Road, Pembroke.
• Mt Zion AME Church: Weekly Bible study at 12pm and 7.30pm 2 Mt Zion Lane, Whale Bay Road, Southampton.
• Richard Allen AME Church: Join our Bible class at 7.30pm. Call: 297-0239. 23 Queen Street, St George’s.
• St Andrew’s Presbyterian Church: Join Rev Judith Gardner for Bible study at 5.30pm every Wednesday except the first of each month. Astwood Hall, corner of Court and Church Streets.
• St John’s Anglican Church: Join our prayer meeting at 1pm. 127 St John’s Road, Pembroke.
• The First Church of God: Join a TLC Bible study for worshippers of all ages at 7.30pm. 75 Sound View Road, Sandys.
• Widows’ Fellowship Group: Every second Wednesday from 4pm to 6pm at Bethel AME Church. Contact Hope Lowe on 297-2101 and 704-3077. 60 North Shore Road, Hamilton Parish.
• Heard Chapel AME Church: Join us for our midweek prayer meeting and Bible study at 7pm. 42 Glebe Road, Pembroke.
• Bahá’í Faith Firesides: Weekly discourses and discussions on familiar subjects of importance and interest to the community at large. A spiritual enlightenment series will take place biweekly, until February 7. From 7pm to 8.30pm. Call 292-2723 or e-mail email@example.com for further information. All are welcome. Bahá’í National Centre, 8 Brunswick Street, Hamilton.
• Bermuda Islamic Cultural Centre: Islam In Focus. Tune in to ZBM radio 1340 AM, 6.15pm to 7pm for Islamic news, world affairs, Holy Koran teachings.
• Grace Methodist Church: Join us for Bible study from 2pm to 3pm with Lay Pastoral Minister Dr Gwyneth Lightbourne. 167 North Shore Road, Hamilton.
• Mt Zion AME Church: Bible study in the city with Rev Jahkimmo Smith. Bring a Bible, lunch, co-worker and your questions. 12.15pm to 1pm. St Andrew’s Presbyterian Church Hall, corner of Court and Church Streets.
• Nehemiah Bible Conference Institute Revival Assembly: Weekly meetings 7.30pm to 9pm. Call 238-5983. 23 Ewing Street, Pembroke.
• African Hebrew Israelites: New World classes on the African Edenic Presence in the Bible and the Holy Land from 6.30pm to 8.30pm. Call: 294-4134. Dellwood Middle School, 1 North Street, Hamilton.
• Heard Chapel AME Church: Join our youth meetings at 7pm. 42 Glebe Road, Pembroke.
• Marsden First United Methodist Church: All are invited to attend our youth night from 6pm-9pm. Contact: firstname.lastname@example.org or on Facebook. 151 South Shore Road, Smith’s.
• St Luke AME Church: Join our Men’s Bible study at 6.30pm. It’s a time of fellowship — growing through the sharing and understanding of God’s word. Contact: 799-5320 or email@example.com. 14 Lighthouse Hill, St David’s.
• Warwick Seventh-day Adventist Church: Join us for family ministry at 6pm. Contact: 236-2813, sdachurchwarwick.org. 92 South Road, Warwick.
• E-mail firstname.lastname@example.org every Thursday before noon with any notices you would like featured with the subject “Around The Churches”
Burt accused of losing touch with PLP ideals
Toddler injury: nursery had no licence
Silence from tech firm on Burt’s claims
Woman admits importing $126,000 in cocaine
Report urges voting rights for British
I quit because of abuse, says Trott
Business to Dickinson: go easy on the taxes
Top Ten Employers to add diversity award
Bermudian roofs stand strong in Caribbean
Jury told victim was speeding before crash
Worrying, worrying signs
A Dopey way of turning tragedy on its head
Plea for new homeless shelter
Davy jailed 18 years for drug smuggling
Pembroke man accused of attempted murder
Take Our Poll
- "Your new year's resolutions for 2019"
- Quit smoking
- Quit drinking/drink in moderation
- Do not drink and drive
- Lose weight
- Stop procrastinating
- Drive with greater care
- Total Votes: 2607
- Poll Archive