Bermuda Tourism Authority CEO Bill Hanbury spoke recently of a series of seven tasks the BTA had set for itself in order to...
- Jan 26, 2015 8:00 am
In our public schools today, there are excellent students making great strides forward in their education and achieving top...
- Jan 22, 2015 8:00 am
The Finance Minister’s recent press statement contained the following: “Changes in the black working population and white...
- Jan 22, 2015 8:00 am
Born Michael King Jr on this day in 1929, MLK’s life was a journey of transformation. His father had declared independence as...
- Jan 15, 2015 8:00 am
In 2014, when Bermuda was mooted as one of four venues for the 2017 America’s Cup, there cannot have been many neutral...
- Jan 13, 2015 8:00 am
There has been a series of articles in the press this week highlighting concerns about the care provided to seniors. While I...
- Jan 10, 2015 8:00 am
The decision to move someone from their own home into a rest home or nursing home is one that should not be taken lightly.
- Jan 9, 2015 8:00 am
Being human is difficult. Becoming human is a lifelong process. To be truly human is a gift.
This observation by Abraham...
- Jan 8, 2015 8:00 am
I’d like to tell you a fascinating story about the birth of the America’s Cup Race in Britain in 1851. It was a dramatic,...
- Jan 7, 2015 8:00 am
I started to write about Bermuda and the stunning lack of diversity in our island’s boardrooms.
I started to write about...
- Jan 5, 2015 8:00 am
- Whimsical, perceptive and an enduring talent
- Time to forgive and heal as a community
- My prison and my paradise
- America’s Cup is for us all
- New year, new friends and new opportunities
- ‘Good things are starting to happen’
- Special thanks to special people
- Bad behaviour is a blot on all in the House
- Time to stop blaming teachers
- Slogans won’t stop violence
- Standard Club celebrates Sir John Swan
- Airport development: the essence of public-private partnerships
- America’s Cup: Bermuda’s opportunity
- Parents should have the right of choice
- Conduct unbecoming
- Restorative justice can create peace
- What’s in a word?
- The fly in the deep sea mining ointment
- An amazing talent
- Mandela’s legacy can inspire our new dawn
- Why we are a great option for Bermudian students
- Time to remember less fortunate
- An icon of Bermuda’s black history is slowly vanishing
- Auditor’s report opens window into PLP Government backroom
- Accountability of senior civil servants
- MPs should represent us all, not only ‘their people’
- OBA’s economic approach gives us cause for concern
- Sacrifice is not being shared
- A winning formula on all fronts
- The nature of us
- November 14, 2014
- A day to celebrate so many deeds of giving
- November 6, 2014
- Flu express clarification
- Unemployment taking a toll on black households
- Let’s ensure no one is left behind
- We must bring public spending under control
- Columnist got it wrong on immigration reform
- Storms’ impact on our bees
Athlete cleared of attempted murder
Minister’s three-day London trip cost $6,000
Farm helps prisoners give back to community
Bermuda’s gold-plated pension plans
Greater interest in real estate rentals
Bermuda trio leave for Davis Cup event
Push for DUI class to become mandatory
Cuts totalling $6.4 million agreed
Dismay over church event with ‘ex-gays’
Boat sinks near Cavello Bay
Community pay bill for injured Whiskers
Car crashes outside Devonshire Church
Anger over street lighting outages
Take Our Poll
- Which of the following best describes your opinion on how Senior Civil Servant job positions should be granted?
- Senior civil servants should be appointed on a temporary contract renewable basis.
- Senior civil servants should continue to be appointed on a permanent basis
- Don't Know
- Total Votes: 2155
- Poll Archive