Trying to find a job at 71 isn’t easy.Richard Powell got creative.No-one would hire him after he and his wife moved back to the Island two years ago after several years living in the US.The former taxi driver and photographer...
- FULL ARTICLE
- Friday Nov 21, 2014
- Have something to share?
- To contact the News Desk call 278-0133 or 278-0137
- To contact the Business Desk call 278-0140 or 278-0142
- To contact the Sports Desk call 280-0140 or 278-0141
- To contact the Lifestyle/Island Life/Calendar Desk call 280-0140 or 278-0141
- To contact the Photo Desk call 278-0166
- Enter our Christmas Short Story Contest
- Quiet boy with a missing piece of chromosome
- Disneyland magic for Jazzercise pair
- Dreadlocks go as nurse fund raises for PALS
- Fact or fiction? Busting a few fitness myths
- What it’s like living in the City of Light
- Precious butterfly to mark 40th festival
- Creating beautiful spaces in your home
- Card captures the romance of the high sea
- Taking the cap off Sharpie art
- Symbolic beauty of roosters
- Mikado Grant: one to watch?
- Reflecting Bermuda’s charm
- Aida is coming here!
Perozzi suffers painful loss
Remembrance Day shooting suspect charged
Back in school at 71, and cooking up a storm
Firm reprimanded over illegal wind turbines
Global company to run beach resort
History in a $3,200 bottle
Hotel beach club gets the go-ahead
Mount Hill shooting suspects bailed
Take Our Poll
- Which of the following best describes your opinion on how Senior Civil Servant job positions should be granted?
- Senior civil servants should be appointed on a temporary contract renewable basis.
- Senior civil servants should continue to be appointed on a permanent basis
- Don't Know
- Total Votes: 2155
- Poll Archive