Phillips marches into final
Bermuda’s Daniel Phillips advanced to his third final on the Cotecc Under-14 circuit yesterday when he won his semi-final match at the Jamaica Junior Tournament in Kingston.
Phillips, aiming for three straight titles after wins in Aruba and Bahamas, beat Delano Reeves, of Jamaica, 6-1, 6-4 in yesterday’s under-14 semi-final.
“Dan had a war today, a small Jamaican with a lot of heart,” said coach Sam Maybury of Phillips’s much smaller opponent.
Phillips, 13, will meet his doubles partner, Keyondre Clarke, in the final.
Clarke is the top ranked Jamaican player in the under-14 age group.
Dame Jennifer reiterates independence call
Bill to give tourism minister grip on BTA
Motorists in Causeway punch-up after crash
Not all that glitters is gold
Police called to reported disturbance
‘Mr Amazing Man’ defies the odds
Prince of Wales donates art to Masterworks
Maiden reveals huge loss and Enstar deal
Take Our Poll
- "What are your views on anonymous online commenting (trolling)?"
- Helpful to our democracy and needs to continue
- Hurtful to our democracy and needs to end
- Limits the number of people willing to give public service
- An important tool for political parties
- Total Votes: 4508
- Poll Archive