Whitter reaches quarter-finals in St Lucia
Bermuda’s Mackai Whitter defeated Trinidad & Tobago’s Jamal Alexis 6-2, 3-6, 6-2 to progress to the quarter-finals of the Sagicor 14 and Under COTECC Tennis Tournament in St Lucia yesterday.
Whitter, who received a wild card, qualified to the main draw after winning his group.He defeated Petterson George, of St Lucia, 4-0, 4-1, Alexander Small, of Barbados, 4-1, 4-2 and Saqiv Williams, of Trinidad & Tobago, 5-4, 4-1.
“I feel proud of myself for making it this far since I came into the tournament as a wild card,” Whitter said.
The competition continues today with Bermuda’s Antonio Warner competing in the 12 and unders.
Tax ‘status quo’ not an option
Richards: PLP’s hand to be forced on status
Six achieve CFA charter status
Lambe: Losing captaincy hurt
City looking to set up free wi-fi zones
Opposition warning over politics in BTA
PartnerRe marks 25 years in Bermuda
Take Our Poll
- "What are your views on anonymous online commenting (trolling)?"
- Helpful to our democracy and needs to continue
- Hurtful to our democracy and needs to end
- Limits the number of people willing to give public service
- An important tool for political parties
- Total Votes: 4508
- Poll Archive