UBP to cease as political party
The United Bermuda Party will cease to operate as a political party from tomorrow.
An advertisement placed by the UBP says: “In pursuance with a resolution taken at a Special Meeting of the Central Council of the United Bermuda Party held on 3rd May 2011, notice is hereby given that the United Bermuda Party will cease to operate as a Political Body as of 30th June 2011.”
The advert adds that the party’s offices, on the third floor of the Bermudiana Arcade, will be closed from tomorrow.
The UBP was torn apart when all but two of its MPs left the party to form the One Bermuda Alliance with the Bermuda Democratic Alliance. Only UBP leader Kim Swan and Charlie Swan were left to form the UBP.
* See more on this story on this website.
Burt blasts OBA pessimism
Wells heads Bermuda to famous victory
Boat driver ‘not convicted’ of causing death
Wells rises to the occasion
Proud day in London as Duffy gets OBE medal
OBA wants action on ‘flatlining economy’
Borrowing money to pay for borrowing money
Take Our Poll
- "What are your views on anonymous online commenting (trolling)?"
- Helpful to our democracy and needs to continue
- Hurtful to our democracy and needs to end
- Limits the number of people willing to give public service
- An important tool for political parties
- Total Votes: 4508
- Poll Archive