Bias is clear
May 20, 2013
The Opposition Leaders accusation of an OBA bias to this newspapers reporting seems to hit a nerve with your CEO in particular. Rather than admonish Mr Bean, your Mr Howes should perhaps read the paper he publishes. He might then see what some of us see which clearly supports the Opposition Leaders contention.
1. First-quarter tourism states showing a downward trend reported on page 21; where theyve never been in 14 years.
2. Moodys Ratings downgrade reported on page 27; where theyve never been in 14 years.
3. Where there is no report, critical or otherwise of the Premiers move into Clifton.
4. Where the failure to keep the promise to finish the dock for the Breakaway gets a throwaway mention on page 6.
5. Where a private citizens planning application warrants a picture and a full story — she happens to be the widow of L Frederick Wade.
6. Where no context is provided in any reporting that supports the designation of Dockyard as the major cruise hub and the recommendation that St Georges be a mega-yacht port. Both seem to have happened by magic.
7. Where a Minister of Tourisms marketing trip to the UK is labelled a success before one visitor boards British Airways for Bermuda as a result.
Even your selection of those letters to print is suspect. In this fevered climate of political interest, how do the same pro-OBA hacks get into print daily in this section and in one case two letters from one such individual on one day. Adding insult to injury, it is bad enough to be subjected to your bloggers venom and ignorance online; must it now be repeated in print?
Sir, the examples are plenty. Your CEO either cant or wont see it. Carry on Mr Leader, the people know and we expect you to hold every organ of this Government accountable. As uncomfortable as it may make Mr Howes and the board, the evidence of bias is clear; deliberate or not.
A S SIMONS
Take Our Poll
- "Your new year's resolutions for 2019"
- Quit smoking
- Quit drinking/drink in moderation
- Do not drink and drive
- Lose weight
- Stop procrastinating
- Drive with greater care
- Total Votes: 2607
- Poll Archive