Name change for Fashion Festival
Hamilton Corporation’s annual City Fashion Festival will now be known as the Bermuda Fashion Festival, with organisers hoping to give the event even more of an international flavour.
Launched in 2011, the festival has grown every year since.
Scheduled for the week of July 6-July 11, it will feature both local and international designers in a variety of runway and trunk shows, according to a press release.
It will also include a theatrical Hair and Beauty Show at the Earl Cameron Theatre. Other activities are The Raft Up and an island-style Pool Party.
Wrapping up the week will be the Evolution Retail Show which will allow local stores showcase the variety of available fashions here.
The festival’s aims are to:
“• tap into a niche market by putting Bermuda on the international map as a fashion destination
• give designers an international platform to showcase their collections
• provide local retailers and salons with unmatched brand exposure
• support aspiring models with specialised training, global opportunities and exposure
• support emerging designers by providing them with professional mentors creating a foundation to hone their skills and strengthen their brand while offering opportunities for international exposure
• provide visitors and residents with a week of fashionably fun, first-class style and wickedly entertaining events.”
Updates can be found .www.bermudafashionfestival.com.
OBA labels MPs’ ‘pay cut’ as sleight of hand
Hamilton to set up outdoor dining areas
Burt vows to not let antiracism energy die
Ideas from readers to jump-start the economy
Archdeacon, 86, to attend protest march
Police expect up to 1,000 for BLM march
Polish experience pushes Leverock to brink
Plug pulled on school year as Phase 3 nears
Young blacks feel like ‘pariahs’
Hayward gets labour portfolio in reshuffle
Police arrest two in $7.5m cannabis seizure
House: plan to allow larger gatherings
Burt: cashless gambling on the way
Take Our Poll