Bermuda defeat Montserrat
Bermuda claimed their first victory at the FIBA AmeriCup 2021 Caribbean Pre-Qualifier after defeating Montserrat 72-56 yesterday in Paramaribo, Surinam.
Chris Crumpler top scored for the island with 27 points, including seven three-pointers, while Jason Lowe weighed in with 22 points, converting three of his five three-point attempts.
Bermuda lost their opening two group B games, 91-78 to Antigua and Barbuda, and 87-78 to Barbados.
They play Haiti in their final match today.
Group A consists of Grenada, Guyana, St Lucia, St Vincent and Surinam.
A model experience
Mothers decry children riding motorcycles
Customers bemused to find Rosebank closed
Inmate says Wolffe confessed to robbery
Licensed venues questioned on event flyers
Local lionfish grow faster and larger
Checkmates: brothers take New York by storm
‘Giant who is gone too soon’
Lawyers clash over Brown patient files
Parents ‘could strike’ over TN Tatem plan
Robbins stars as robot on Netflix
Docksider bar beefs up security
Unlicensed drink-driver nabbed back-to-back
Pancakes and pyjamas for breakfast
App to show electric vehicle renters around
Take Our Poll
- "What is your view of finance minister Curtis Dickinson's first Budget?"
- Sensible, balanced approach with no new taxes
- Disappointing, with lack of public spending cuts
- Ignores serious long-term debt, healthcare and pension issues
- Tax increases were unnecessary as the Government needs no more money
- Total Votes: 4209
- Poll Archive