Butterfield rise on BSX and NYSE
Butterfield Bank shares rose 75 cents, or 2.2 per cent, to $34.50, after 424 traded on The Royal Gazette/BSX Index.
In New York, the bank’s shares were up $1.27, or 3.74 per cent, at $35.25.
Meanwhile, on the local exchange, HSBC Holdings slipped 15 cents, or 1.82 per cent, to $8.05 after 1,178 shares were exchanges.
There was also trading in 10,000 shares of Argus Group Holdings, but with no change to the closing price of $3.05.
The Royal Gazette/BSX Index was up 33.73 points, or 1.57 per cent, at 2,176.25, while the BSX Insurance Index was down 3.66 points, or 0.23 per cent, at 1,608.47.
‘Deplorable conditions’ at housing complex
Burt to ditch traditional Throne Speech
Local businesses teed up for PGA event
Maiden Re plans move from Bermuda to US
International criminals ‘targeting Bermuda’
D’ezir dressed for success
Man had $170,000 of cannabis in his home
Dowling admits he did not follow rules
Lawyer may face six more assault charges
Tokunbo cleared over breath test
Busy time for tree surgeon after hurricane
An independent take on independence
Teachers hold elections for union roles
Man charged with firearms offences
Take Our Poll
- "Which of these is the worst political gaffe of modern times"
- Craig Cannonier getting on that plane
- Michael Fahy pressing on with Pathways to Status
- Bob Richards's 'Money doesn't grow on trees' speech
- Lt-Col David Burch and ATVs
- Wayne Caines and the London cereal cafe
- Zane DeSilva's mystery shopper cruise
- Total Votes: 5373
- Poll Archive