Woman charged with wounding, having knife
A 25-year-old woman has been charged with wounding a man in an altercation yesterday.
Janea Lowe, from St George’s, appeared in Magistrates’ Court charged with wounding Ryan Hayling and possessing a bladed article, a knife with a 4.5in cutting edge, on Loyal Hill Pass, Devonshire.
Both charges were said to relate to an incident yesterday.
Ms Lowe was not required to enter a plea as the matter will be heard by the Supreme Court.
Magistrate Khamisi Tokunbo released Ms Lowe on $5,000 bail with a like surety, ordering her to appear before the Supreme Court on February 1.
• It is The Royal Gazette’s policy not to allow comments on stories regarding criminal court cases. This is to prevent any statements being published that may jeopardise the outcome of that case.
Career transition service set up
Houllier bound for Bermuda
Roban welcomed on luxury liner
Naked man on North Shore Road
Burt dismisses ‘imaginative’ New York trip
Insider: fire response inadequate
BTA says minister used out-of-date report
More dead fish washed up on South Shore
Jose brings strong winds and risk of thunder
Audit reveals BTA failures, says Simmons
Visiting economists forecast global moves
Take Our Poll
- What will be the best way to create needed new jobs?
- Attract more international companies
- Grow the population
- Reduce the number of non-Bermudian workers
- Develop new business sectors other than international business and tourism
- Retrain the workforce
- Total Votes: 5529
- Poll Archive