Narraway admits forging car registration
The chairman of the island’s blockchain business development group was yesterday fined for forgery of his car registration.
John Narraway admitted to using fraudulent vehicle documents in Magistrates’ Court yesterday and was fined $300 by Magistrate Khamisi Tokunbo.
Narraway, 47, said when contacted yesterday: “Are you trying to bring me down? No comment.”
According to court documents, Narraway was pulled over by police on May 28 after officers spotted his car had a defective tail light.
Police cautioned Narraway over the light and examined the car, which had a Transport Control Department paper on the windshield with an expiration date of June 29, 2018.
However, records showed the vehicle’s licence had expired on June 29, 2017.
Narraway told police the car was insured, but admitted it was not licensed and that he had forged the registration papers.
The start-up founder, tech entrepreneur and CEO of Airis Aerospace is an emerging technologies consultant at the Bermuda Business Development Agency.
Narraway was part of delegations that travelled to New York and the Montgomery Summit in California earlier this year to promote the island as a fintech destination.
He was unveiled as the head of the Government’s blockchain development team, set up to boost blockchain technology in Bermuda, in November last year.
• Update: This story initially said information about the case was heard in Magistrates’ Court, but has been amended to say it was revealed in court documents.
• It is The Royal Gazette’s policy not to allow comments on stories regarding court cases. As we are legally liable for any slanderous or defamatory comments made on our website, this move is for our protection as well as that of our readers.
Take Our Poll
- "What are your views on anonymous online commenting (trolling)?"
- Helpful to our democracy and needs to continue
- Hurtful to our democracy and needs to end
- Limits the number of people willing to give public service
- An important tool for political parties
- Total Votes: 4508
- Poll Archive