Happy times at Police Beach
In reference to the article on the Police Beach in Saturday’s newspaper, Lieutenant-Colonel David Burch said that the arrangement had allowed police “almost exclusive access to the beach” and added “in practical terms that meant white policemen only”.
My husband was a serving officer at the time and Emmy Trott is a friend who was more than happy to share her property with the police force.
We spent many happy times at Gibbets Island and I can assure Colonel Burch that the beach was used by families both black and white.
Man had $170,000 of cannabis in his home
Dowling admits he did not follow rules
Lawyer may face six more assault charges
Tokunbo cleared over breath test
Man charged with firearms offences
An independent take on independence
Busy time for tree surgeon after hurricane
Teachers hold elections for union roles
New walk-in clinic delayed
Second councillor quits in St George
Caines petitions UK over Bermuda passports
Somerset steps up for Troy
Drink-driver injured motorcyclist in crash
Awards for five artists
Bermudiana Beach condo units now on sale
Take Our Poll
- "Which of these is the worst political gaffe of modern times"
- Craig Cannonier getting on that plane
- Michael Fahy pressing on with Pathways to Status
- Bob Richards's 'Money doesn't grow on trees' speech
- Lt-Col David Burch and ATVs
- Wayne Caines and the London cereal cafe
- Zane DeSilva's mystery shopper cruise
- Total Votes: 5373
- Poll Archive