A beautiful wooded area scarred
Recently, I was driving along South Road in Smith’s Parish when, looking over the road in the direction of the pond near the 11th green at Mid Ocean Club, to my horror I see a large swath of trees have been cut down and the hillside laid bare to rocks.
This beautiful area of trees, a veritable and most beautiful sanctuary for birds, trees and plants, has been disgustingly scarred by this ridiculous carnage.
I cannot believe that permission was given to do so.
By whom? The departments of planning, agriculture and fisheries, or some Cabinet minister, who should be brought to task over this disgraceful act.
The Government should supply the answers to this question. I could only think of the movie about the Welsh valleys, How Green Was My Valley, after the coalmining pits ruined them.
Man had $170,000 of cannabis in his home
Dowling admits he did not follow rules
Lawyer may face six more assault charges
Tokunbo cleared over breath test
Busy time for tree surgeon after hurricane
An independent take on independence
Teachers hold elections for union roles
Man charged with firearms offences
Take Our Poll
- "Which of these is the worst political gaffe of modern times"
- Craig Cannonier getting on that plane
- Michael Fahy pressing on with Pathways to Status
- Bob Richards's 'Money doesn't grow on trees' speech
- Lt-Col David Burch and ATVs
- Wayne Caines and the London cereal cafe
- Zane DeSilva's mystery shopper cruise
- Total Votes: 5373
- Poll Archive