BTA launches Inspired Wednesdays
Some diners will eat for free during Bermuda Restaurant Weeks as part of a new promotion to encourage people to dine out during the week.
One diner plus one guest will have the Restaurant Weeks portion of their bill covered at participating restaurants through the Inspired Wednesdays campaign.
A statement from the Bermuda Tourism Authority said: “The purpose of the new promotion, within the Restaurant Weeks campaign, is to incentivise consumers to eat out in the middle of the week.
“It’s called Inspired Wednesdays, partly because restaurants serving only Bermuda-inspired menus will be part of the giveaway.”
The BTA said a number of local restaurants will particpate every Wednesday during Restaurant Weeks and tomorrow’s restaurants are Aqua Terra at The Reefs, Fourways and Lost in the Triangle.
The statement added: “One lucky person who eats dinner at one of the above locations on Wednesday night will find #BermudaRW scribed onto their dessert plate.
“If that happens that person, plus one guest, has the Restaurant Weeks portion of their bill covered.”
Different restaurants will be named for the next two Wednesdays and the list will be revealed the day before on the BTA’s Facebook and Twitter pages.
The BTA added: “Inspired Wednesdays consumers have many options to choose from with 37 of the 51 participating restaurants providing Bermuda-inspired menus this year.
“All menus can be found online at: http://GoToBermuda.com/RW18.”
Serving Bermuda-inspired menus also makes restaurants eligible for the People’s Choice Award, created by the BTA to hightlight Bermuda’s culinary heritage.
During the course of the campaign diners can vote for their favourites in the People’s Choice Award online: http://GoToBermuda.com/RW18.
Instructions for Inspired Wednesdays consumers:
1. Check the Bermuda Tourism Authority on Facebook or Twitter on Tuesday to learn of the week’s Inspired Wednesdays restaurants.
2. Peruse menus online: http://GoToBermuda.com/RW18.
3. Eat Out (look for #BermudaRW on your dessert plate).
4. Share your dining experience on social media using #BermudaRW.
5. Vote for your People’s Choice Award-winner online: http://GoToBermuda.com/RW18
Tax ‘status quo’ not an option
Richards: PLP’s hand to be forced on status
Six achieve CFA charter status
Lambe: Losing captaincy hurt
City looking to set up free wi-fi zones
Opposition warning over politics in BTA
PartnerRe marks 25 years in Bermuda
Take Our Poll
- "What are your views on anonymous online commenting (trolling)?"
- Helpful to our democracy and needs to continue
- Hurtful to our democracy and needs to end
- Limits the number of people willing to give public service
- An important tool for political parties
- Total Votes: 4508
- Poll Archive